Fat Tuesday Morning

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
the local grocery store didn't have any King Cake last night...

I am giving up ice cream for Lent...and I am not happy about it. I am not a practicing Catholic but I try to participate in Lent when I can.

Can't remember the last time I consciously gave up something for Lent. Don't see much of a point to it, as I recall no specific benefit from doing it.

Can't remember the last time I consciously gave up something for Lent. Don't see much of a point to it, as I recall no specific benefit from doing it.
the gf is giving up bread and I felt like I needed to do something in solidarity

Seems like Lent is mostly just a lazier version of a New Years Resolution for most people. Doesn't seem most people are doing it for religious purposes. People usually give up something unhealthy, like eating something unhealthy, or giving up activities in order to be more active, like playing video games. But if you're just going to go right back to it in 40 days, what's the point?

the gf is giving up bread and I felt like I needed to do something in solidarity
Steve Harvey Cringe GIF by ABC Network

Glad I'm not in that shithole New Orleans today.

for that matter, not any other day either

Uptown ain’t so bad. The French quarter probably smells like spilled beer, vomited up hurricanes and piss today though.

only time I have been was for a wedding after the first wave of COVID, so it was pretty quiet down there...they weren't even allowing music in bars yet, which is really the biggest thing i was missing about it,

I don't know if I would go again though..I don't have too strong a desire for that trip. There are better places to go,.

only time I have been was for a wedding after the first wave of COVID, so it was pretty quiet down there...they weren't even allowing music in bars yet, which is really the biggest thing i was missing about it,

I don't know if I would go again though..I don't have too strong a desire for that trip. There are better places to go,.
Went for Mardi Gras in my 20s. Hotel was on the corner of bourbon and another of the bigger street names you'd here there. No way I could do that shit again.
The worst part was some chic kept throwing me beads as I was dancing my ass off below, but I had no idea how to get up to her balcony, it was above a place with a hurricane slurpy machine