Finally got us a Hawaiian and Polynesian QB

Transfer from UNLV .... LFG ...

I was so disappointed he left. Red shirt freshman that played great this season. He should develop nicely there.

Who the fuck would have ever thought a kid from UNLV would be being picked up by a real big time program? Wish the kid all the best.

There’s a transfer portal thread.

But, I don’t get this one. Surely he could have gone somewhere to start.

He’s gonna go from very good G5 starting QB to likely third string with no guarantee he beats out Stockton/Puglisi in 2025

And we already had a Polynesian QB one time, and the one game he started was the final nail in Mark Richt’s coffin

I thought he was going to go to USC...he's a good talent but doesn't UGA already have their QB?

I thought he was going to go to USC...he's a good talent but doesn't UGA already have their QB?
Yep, Beck coming back, and Stockton has two years in the system(Bobo kept the same system as Monken), so I doubt he’ll even be second string next year.

Have to guess he thinks he can beat out Stockton and Puglisi in 2025.

Doesn’t make sense to me, but if it’s what the kid wants and Kirby offered him, more power to em. Maybe they know something we don’t

Yep, Beck coming back, and Stockton has two years in the system(Bobo kept the same system as Monken), so I doubt he’ll even be second string next year.

Have to guess he thinks he can beat out Stockton and Puglisi in 2025.

Doesn’t make sense to me, but if it’s what the kid wants and Kirby offered him, more power to em. Maybe they know something we don’t
Thing is, if Georgia has him, then a potential competitor does not and that's good for UGA (or anyone else that can pull that off) in the current environment. Having quality QB depth right now is a huge luxury.

Thing is, if Georgia has him, then a potential competitor does not and that's good for UGA (or anyone else that can pull that off) in the current environment. Having quality QB depth right now is a huge luxury.
I agree, I just don’t get it from the player’s standpoint. Guarantee he could have went to numerous P5 teams and started instead of riding the bench at UGA

Is this an affirmative action thread?

Not sure what the thinking is but here are a few things:

- UGA is going to have 4 scholarship QBs if they can. Smart has always said that.
- The thing QBs get coming to UGA is that no one practices harder than UGA - something Smart learned from Saban. You can do that when you have depth. So it's an iron sharpens iron thing ... he will go up against the UGA D every day and get better. Maybe he wins the job, maybe he doesn't.
- I can't imagine we offered more NIL than USC but NIL was obviously involved.
- If you look at QBs, Beck is gone after 2024. Gunner Stockton is the presumptive heir ... and he's good. But this guy has a full year of playing that Stockton doesn't have.
- 70% of QBs transfer ... if he can't win the job, he will move on with a year of UGA practice and development and will have 2 or 3 years to play.

Wow. That’s about as dumb as it gets. He’ll never see the field. Third string QB at UGA at best.

I agree, I just don’t get it from the player’s standpoint. Guarantee he could have went to numerous P5 teams and started instead of riding the bench at UGA
Agreed. He probably could have walked in to starting position, or at least legit fighting for one at a number of SEC or ACC schools

Transfer from UNLV .... LFG ...

college gameday sport GIF

I know, damn if old Riley didn’t drop some cash and a penthouse! You should read all his interviews why he chose UGA, LOL. Keep in mind the kind has an agent involved. Like Ravioli, would like to have the guy, but it won’t really affect us in the end.