First and last concerts

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
First for me was Billy Joel in Philly.

My last one was Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley (lead singers of Drive By Truckers) in Annapolis.

ACDC, 1991.

Mr. Bungle, Melvins and Cunts, Feb. 7 2020.

:pout:

The first concert I ever paid money to attend was the "No Way Out Tour" in St. Louis. It was a big tour hosted/headlined by Puff Daddy after The Notorious BIG was murdered. The concert featured the likes of Jay-Z before he got huge, Busta Rhymes, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown and many more. Never been big on Puffy, I primarily wanted to see Jay-Z and Busta.

The second concert I paid money for was the "Up in Smoke Tour" in Indianapolis hosted by Dr. Dre and included Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Eminem, Xzibit and many more.

While it's kinda cool that I can say I got to see all those big "golden era of rap" acts live while those guys were in their prime, rap kinda sucks live. That was the last rap concert I've attended.

The last concert I attended was Chevelle in Oshkosh on Dec 8, 2019. Stage-side. Loved it!

First concert was in 1981,ACDC For rhose about to Rock tour,All-State arena Chicago.....

Last was Kenny Chesney,2019 at Lambeau Field and Soldier Field..........

Led Zeppelin - Aug 19, 1971, Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver

The Raconteurs - July 20, 2019, Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver

Morrisey @ Kalamazoo State Theatre mid/late 90’s.

Wheatland Music Festival end of summer 2019.

My first "real" concert was Metallica's "Wherever I May Roam" tour in 1994 ... I think. That was in Somerset, WI.

My last concert was Korn and Breaking Benjamin in Green Bay. I'm not a big fan of either band, but my nephew bought tickets and asked me to go with him. It was actually a pretty damn good show.

I miss concerts ...

The last concert I attended was Chevelle in Oshkosh on Dec 8, 2019. Stage-side. Loved it!

I almost went to that show but had other plans. I've seen Chevelle a few times. They put on a good show.

Motley Crue (Guns N Roses opening), Girls Girls Girls Tour 1987 - Chattanooga, TN

Iron Maiden (The Raven Age opening), Legacy Of The Beast Tour 2019 - Bristow, VA

My first "real" concert was Metallica's "Wherever I May Roam" tour in 1994 ... I think. That was in Somerset, WI.

My last concert was Korn and Breaking Benjamin in Green Bay. I'm not a big fan of either band, but my nephew bought tickets and asked me to go with him. It was actually a pretty damn good show.

I miss concerts ...

When I go these days it's the missus, my son and my daughter. Daughter lives in Vancouver and usually gets the tickets.

Then we make the haj.

Since 2002 we've seen Elvis Costello twice, David Byrne twice, Clapton, Neil Young, Robert Plant and Band of Joy, Trucks-Tedeschi (with Northern Missippi Allstars backing up) Jack White solo twice and The Raconteurs.

Daughter pays her own tickets, but I end up paying for the other 3.

But it's the "pregame meal" that really breaks the bank... I pick that up and then we make our way to the event.

I miss concerts ...

so much this^^^

Uriah Heep - Milwaukee Ampitheater 2/73
Lady Gaga - Marcus Ampitheater 6/14

Seen quite a few "knock off bands the last few years including

The Musical Box - Extravaganza - Genesis
Life On Mars Tribute - Bing video - Bowie

All excellent tribute bands

My first concert is pretty embarrassing, but I was like 4 or 5. It was at a venue called Lanier Land that is now a cow pasture. Saw a lot concerts there as a kid. Mostly old timers and up and comers. Saw and met George Jones every year for a while there, so that was cool

Kenny Chesney and Trace Atkins when both of them were just starting to become names.

First concert that I paid to see was Hank Williams Jr, Eric Church and Jamey Johnson somewhere around 09/2010

Last concert way Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers last March right before the pandemic shut everything down.

I was planning to get tickets for that show, but other events intervened. And now that you brought it up, it eats at me again that we didn't go. I am a big Korn fan and Breaking Benjamin is in my second tier of favorite current acts.

Gary Wright/Black Oak Arkansas- 1976 Greensboro Coliseum

Judas Priest- 2019 PNC Pavillion Charlotte

Gary Wright/Black Oak Arkansas- 1976 Greensboro Coliseum

Judas Priest- 2019 PNC Pavillion Charlotte

Black Oak backed up JohnnyWinter when I saw him in 1974. All those guitars...

First was 1980 Rush Moving Pictures....
last ....what I consider real concert was AC/DC 1986 Who Made Who....felt like I was going to die on the floor from heat exhaustion .....so that was it for me unless I’m sitting or have plenty of space...

First was 1980 Rush Moving Pictures....
last ....what I consider real concert was AC/DC 1986 Who Made Who....felt like I was going to die on the floor from heat exhaustion .....so that was it for me unless I’m sitting or have plenty of space...
haha. This made my drunk ass laugh.

I would love to know how many shows in that six year span.

And that is a serious drought for concerts, mange. You've been preparing for covid for 34 years. :lol:

Covid has ruined all my concert attendance. I usually see about 4-6 a year. They are so much fun.

Covid has ruined all my concert attendance. I usually see about 4-6 a year. They are so much fun.
At least two legit vacations a year are based upon them. Same tho...4-6 for sure.

BY FAR what I miss the most from pre-covid.

That and people not wearing panties on their faces and being scared of air.