For those of you replacing HVAC or AC units...

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 67,441.00
You dont always need to. 2nd floor HVAC unit quit today. Roof mounted unit, and the blower motor ceased up. $130 bucks.

Called an HVAC company and asked how much they would come and change it for, they said depending, $750 to $1000. 30 minutes to diagnose and remove. Going to the parts store now.

I am not an HVAC tech, and have only basic knowledge of HVAC units, when compared to guys that actually work on them. I am cheap as fuck, but to save 1000 bucks or more, I am always going to give it a try myself first.

Holy shit! We havent had measurable rain in i dont k ow how long. Of course the day im on the roof its lightning anflg thunder. Got that fucking motor, and new capacitor in, and was running off the roof when it started raining. Nice and cool upstairs again already. Whew.

Got damn it. The vlower stopped. Mother board tomorrow I guess.

Updates aren't going to post themselves mister.
Got the new control board insttalled. All good for now. Been frantically painting my kitchen cabinets, as my new appliance got here today. Stove was damaged, and sent back...

Been frantically painting my kitchen cabinets
How Are You Doing Whats Up GIF by Yellowstone

Done, except they fucked the stove up. I have a shitty small 80s kitchen, and an trying to make it tolerable until i completely demo the entire thing, and put a beam in the one load bearing wall. Thats a big job, in about 5 years

In previous houses we had a couple of window mounted AC units.

Now we have a heat pump. Heats in winter, cools in summer.

THE only way to fly.

Just had to replace ours. It was 15 years old, so average life of heat pump.

I just move every ten years or so. lulz

If you like to spend money, you will love replacing a 'package unit'

1711735175638.png

Sir will you be needing a pad under the unit?

"Nah! I got one there already!

It should work just fine...."

no way whatever GIF