Game 6 2020 Ravens @ Eagles

Hoopla Nation is a lighting-fast, free discussion forum in the cloud. Our community is:
  • secure
  • private
  • ad-free
  • super fast
  • super light
  • tracking-free
  • mobile responsive
  • built on bleeding-edge software
  • designed for desktop, tablet or mobile
Register to remove this message and access hidden content and features.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
It looks like most of the people on this forum have already given up on this year.
In any case, Darius Slay will play. OG Matt Pryor and WR's Jackson and Jeffrey will not.
Hopefully, the few fans who will be able to attend the game will excite the players to give an all out effort.
Let's Go Eagles.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
Not sure how many weeks the receivers can be almost ready.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
It looks like most of the people on this forum have already given up on this year.
In any case, Darius Slay will play. OG Matt Pryor and WR's Jackson and Jeffrey will not.
Hopefully, the few fans who will be able to attend the game will excite the players to give an all out effort.
Let's Go Eagles.
I’ve not seen this. I’ve seen theoretical discussion that it would be advisable to for the team be sellers before the deadline, no matter how well they do between now and then. I’ve taken part in that.

If that’s giving you that this team could make the playoffs and go far, then, I guess that’s what it is.

I know my feelings, and I know the likely way the team will go (win now). I will be there cheering tomorrow just the same as always.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
I’ve not seen this. I’ve seen theoretical discussion that it would be advisable to for the team be sellers before the deadline, no matter how well they do between now and then. I’ve taken part in that.

If that’s giving you that this team could make the playoffs and go far, then, I guess that’s what it is.

I know my feelings, and I know the likely way the team will go (win now). I will be there cheering tomorrow just the same as always.
Wanting the team to be a seller IS giving up.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
Wanting the team to be a seller IS giving up.
Not really, I prefer to see it as taking a more strategic long view for success to come.

Rey

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
I haven't seen a thing this year that tells me this team is ready to be a serious contender. Let's see what they can do against the Ravens tomorrow.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
I haven't seen a thing this year that tells me this team is ready to be a serious contender. Let's see what they can do against the Ravens tomorrow.
I believe that the offense needs to get it's injured players back and the EVERYONE on the defense needs a good kick in the ass - and THEN they will be a serious contender.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
"For success to come" - next year.
Not really....that statement was thinking more in 3-5 years if I’m being realistic.

I think this roster is either another 9-7ish (or even 9-6-1 for this year) team that doesn’t have a losing record, maybe slips into the playoffs but can’t make much noise, etc....or it’s a team that will crater even with the injuries coming back as this is a team of some high cap dollar pieces, surrounded by cheap band aids at important spots that do not possess the talent to make a competitive enough roster.

If we wait too long to pivot off of this we extend the rebuild/bounce back (see the Phillies the last 8 years or so).

That’s all I’m saying....if you make painful pruning now you set up better for later. If that’s giving up on this year I’ll own it. And I’ll support it if the team goes that way. If they don’t I have no other choice but to cheer and hope.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,000.00
I think we're looking at a 7-8-1 season.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
I think we're looking at a 7-8-1 season.
I do as well. Which means....it would make the most sense to shop a lot of guys for picks. Maybe getting something for 1-2 guys takes that 7-8-1 to 5-10-1. Even if the 7-8-1 wins the shitty division and gives you a home game against a 10-6 #5 seed so what. Dive the two games, move up a little in the draft, inherit some more draft picks and walk into next year with a cap situation a little more workable and picks to play with.

Call it a restock, not a rebuild.

You know who doesn’t see it this way? Every person with power and say in the Eagles org. Because for them 7-8-1 and a playoff buys them another year. 5-10-1 doesn’t.

Unless the owner sees this as the better strategy and speaks to it that way. Until then the org will work their ass off for 7-8–1 and a shot at the division and a playoff.

Becuase....gold standard.

Reaction score
Bookie
$11,512.00
Well, first series did not go well. Pressure on the first two, finally time a breakdown in coverage and Hightower with a big whiff. I understand some drops, but shit like that is just ridiculous to me, wide open on the sideline, in stride, right on the money, no worry about getting hit, etc... fucking terrible.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
I have to say...I’m officially dubious of Hightower’s ability to catch the ball now.

Another week a beautiful ball hits him in the hands and slips out.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
Why did I imagine Sean Bradley was a White kid with red hair?

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
“the Eagles believe they have a sound defense”.

Immediaely holds to a long 3rd down. Ravesns come out in a bunch alignment and easily get the first down.

No, your defense is flawed, both in talent and scheme. The casual fan has seen it already. The commentators have been all over it (and will be again this week after that drive).

We have a sound defense. Go eat a dick.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
Another new OL lineup. Against this D.

LJ Fort with a tackle for loss :facepalm:
Reminds me I read that both Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas are showing to be much better CBs in their new homes.

This defense is where CBs (not names Slay) go to die.

Reaction score
Bookie
$11,512.00
“the Eagles believe they have a sound defense”.

Immediaely holds to a long 3rd down. Ravesns come out in a bunch alignment and easily get the first down.

No, your defense is flawed, both in talent and scheme. The casual fan has seen it already. The commentators have been all over it (and will be again this week after that drive).

We have a sound defense. Go eat a dick.
Eagles have a sounds DL, nothing more, nothing less.

Reaction score
Bookie
$1,798.00
Much better on D. I’ve always said if your playing Lamar Jackson just get your hands up on the line all day. Two blocked passes there. Good set.