Gates

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 67,441.00
Getting ready to do RV parking on my property. Not going to build block walls and pour what is looking like between 40 and 50 yards of concrete, myself. Just not going to even pretend that it something worth doing, for any reason.

I have always enjoyed working with metal, and have recently seen some gates that I REALLY like, and think I can build, fairly easy.

VD2oJH_w7-mGd9top69L1rEnHmlW5_FnsiKeYBgdLCnAWIuGUIEGP0OGps3UWkORtRlKT9hUrwvei9NPAZprGm0Ez2KXSyWyyFW1IDXSasMwZOGnrwqlFPxcwzpibQ
5d939a75bbe8318fe977d0e2ffdaca97.jpg

2-SLnAFMCzmTZg0lFV64a3eoqA7zWIBCc7PpRt3tWEZz5lc-4hXKNrSv7NtplO3CsaKYlw_geXLRZA1YpNWAUk2cGii_2U9xZwUmzw

These are some of the ideas I am putting together. I have seen them with red wood, and others even with the composite decking.

I tried to upload some pictures of the ones I saw on house, but the website says the file if too big. Guy used 2.5" or 3" angle iron to make an outer frame, and put 2x8 redwood boards in against that. Made another 3/4" frame that fit inside, and held the wood in place.

Gate.jpg

Fuck, OK, this one loaded.

Damn bro... Nice gates. Make sure to get some type of adjustable hinge or way a way to keep the gate plumb. The heavier/wider they are they are, the more they'll sag

Damn bro... Nice gates. Make sure to get some type of adjustable hinge or way a way to keep the gate plumb. The heavier/wider they are they are, the more they'll sag
Thinking about burying 8" square posts, minimum 4'. Probably 2' thick footing, and will still put some type of adjustable hinge.

Would not be stainless like this, but I think I could make a few of something similar to these. Welded to the post and gate. This is all just in the drawing stages for me. Might not be ready to build for months still.

stainless%20steel%20hd%20gate%20hardware.jpg