Ohio State Buckeys Go Bucks!

So I've been wondering this since last year but how in the heck was Olave only a 3* recruit? It's not like he came in at that caliber and worked his butt off to where he is now, he broke his way into the depth chart as a freshmen and hasn't looked back. Not saying he hasn't worked his butt off or gotten better, just surprising to see a 3* from Cali be that good that fast. Just wondering if anyone had the story of why he was rated so low.

How in the world did I not know we had a Buckeye board here? Ugh!

ncaa sports GIF by Ohio State Athletics

Now that the season has started, what's everyone's opinion so far?

I'll admit I've kept my expectations tempered this off-season. This definitely has the potential to be a great team, but there is so much new at key spots that it's hard to predict. I was a little nervous going into the Minny game bc of this.

Defense is still a weakness. The line is really good and performed admirably against a huge Minny o-line but there is a very noticeable drop off from there. While they did look good at times, I think we still are going to have issues with the big play this year. Also, should have had three interceptions last night and somehow came up with 0. Two directly in a defenders hand and one negated by a dumb play by Gant. Going to have to get a lot better on that side of the ball if we expect to do anything special.

I think Stroud will be ok. First start on the road, at night, in the rain I would expect overthrows he was probably pretty amped up and nervous. Interesting to see if that continues or clears up. Glad next week is at the Shoe.
Master Teague should probably not get the ball that often. He isn't terrible, but Henderson and Williams, especially Williams, just look better.
Offensive line played awesome and the receivers did what I expected them to do. This offense is going to score some points again.

All in all, I'm going to continue to keep my expectations under control. This isn't last year where I felt like it was a Natty or bust (before all the Covid stuff happened). Think they can easily win the B1G again but not go undefeated. Also could easily make the playoffs but not sure this is a playoff team and we could be in for a long night against an elite team.

Can't wait for the Oregon game next week and the rest of the season. Go Bucks!

So Marvin Harrison Jr has the most catches and most TDs in the country this year against single coverage. The coaches seem to be hinting that JSN is going to be ready to go after the bye week.

As an opposing coach, who do you double?

Highest ranked recruit ever from South Dakota flipped from Washington to OSU.

Impossible

According to WhoPhoneDis there is "zero" talent in these states.
We'll see how it works out. I've seen him as high as the 12th best qb (or 5th best dual threat) recruit this year.

Eichenberg coming back. That's some good news for the Bucks