Got my Series X preordered!!

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
Just wanted to shout it from the rooftops. Now if only AMD could drop their newest CPU and GPU's i could really get my gaming situation settled for a few years. will prolly get a ps5 too but not in a hurry

Man, was just about to post about this! :ninja:

The Xbox Series X I pre-ordered this morning will be the only game console I have ever bought new in my life. So excited!

Just wanted to shout it from the rooftops. Now if only AMD could drop their newest CPU and GPU's i could really get my gaming situation settled for a few years. will prolly get a ps5 too but not in a hurry

The Xbox Series X I pre-ordered this morning will be the only game console I have ever bought new in my life. So excited!
I just came here to see if anyone else did the same anxiety provoking hour of refreshing sites this morning! Glad someone else did lol. I tried to get a PS5 and failed but was successful (after an hour) of getting an Xbox through Amazon. Honestly, I'm glad I didn´t get the PS5 because in the end I think the gamepass is the way this is all trending and Microsoft´s lineup with EA is just better, and it´s the more powerful machine. Super excited about it all, now we wait until November.

This is actually the first time I´ve pre-ordered a system. I got the Xbox One about 2 months after launch and the 360 about the same. I've noticed my One starting to Lag a little on Warzone so I'm pretty excited to get a huge boost in capabilities. Now all that's left to wonder is if they're going to ship on teh 10th or arrive on the 10th.

Someone break down which console is better.

srs post.

After having to go through about 6 controllers in 3 years due to stick drift. I'm about ready to tell Bill Gates to fuck right off.

But Sony p'd me off because they killed Metal Gear Solid.

Congrats guys.

I plan on buying one wherever I land next. I preordered the original xbox, and never looked back, so I have an ancient gamertag.

Either that, or I will go back to PC gaming. Been a long time for PC gaming for me.

Right now I use a One X, but the HDMI port is messed up, and I can only run 720... usually. At times, I have to go to 480. Really aggravating to have a "cutting edge" console that is broken.

srs post.

After having to go through about 6 controllers in 3 years due to stick drift. I'm about ready to tell Bill Gates to fuck right off.

I'm with you. I was really waffling between the two and have similar experiences with the controller. I'm still a little annoyed that the new Xbox controller still uses AA batteries. I'm hoping they improved the "drift" problem with the One controllers.

As a casual gamer this is how I look at it. I like to buy one console that's going to last me until the next generation, I never buy the incremental systems like the Xbox One S.

So as I see it, the Xbox has the better hardware. Faster than the PS5. But it's $100 more expensive than the digital version of the PS5. PS5 has some really good looking exclusives coming out, Xbox has some OK ones in the future but nothing seemingly this year (maybe halo?) But since I keep the systems so long it was really about the better hardware, its' going to look better for longer and I play mostly cross-platform games like Battlefield, COD, and Destiny. Plus with Gamepass that's going to be a huge advantage for xbox. A single price for both online access and a huge free game library that includes EA games. So I can try more games included in that price for no additional cost. I think you'll see playstation 5 people more likely to buy the next incremental playstation because this release is already behind technology wise.

I've never had issues with xbox controllers drifting. I have a first generation elite controller that is literally falling apart, but no drift. I've replaced buttons, sticks, etc.. Still performs great.

In regard to games, Sony buys temporary, or permanent, exclusivity rights for many games. Sometimes they are as simple as game modes or early play, and other times they are the entire license. Either way, as an xbox owner, it is really aggravating. I really hate this type of power move, and because of this evil, I will not be buying Sony. If you don't care, then buy Sony.

I understand that most xbox games will be backwards compatible, and if you buy a game for the current console, it will allow you to play the new console version as well (no need to repurchase). I don't think Sony is offering that feature, but could be wrong.

Even though the xbox specs are better, I highly doubt anyone will notice a difference in gameplay.

I've never had issues with xbox controllers drifting. I have a first generation elite controller that is literally falling apart, but no drift. I've replaced buttons, sticks, etc.. Still performs great.

In regard to games, Sony buys temporary, or permanent, exclusivity rights for many games. Sometimes they are as simple as game modes or early play, and other times they are the entire license. Either way, as an xbox owner, it is really aggravating. I really hate this type of power move, and because of this evil, I will not be buying Sony. If you don't care, then buy Sony.

I understand that most xbox games will be backwards compatible, and if you buy a game for the current console, it will allow you to play the new console version as well (no need to repurchase). I don't think Sony is offering that feature, but could be wrong.

Even though the xbox specs are better, I highly doubt anyone will notice a difference in gameplay.
I don't think you'll notice the better hardware right now. But in 5 years I think you might. That's when I started seeing my xbox not play games looking as great and when games starting dropping framerates to play on the system.

Xbox exclusives lost me when they made the main character in Gears a female.

Sorry, I'm out on that shit.

Never got in on Halo.

i ACTUALLY SNAGGED A 2ND :D goina sell the 2nd probably unless the wife decides she wants to upgrade fromher 1x to a series x (she is not nearly as competitive as i am though(

I just came here to see if anyone else did the same anxiety provoking hour of refreshing sites this morning! Glad someone else did lol. I tried to get a PS5 and failed but was successful (after an hour) of getting an Xbox through Amazon. Honestly, I'm glad I didn´t get the PS5 because in the end I think the gamepass is the way this is all trending and Microsoft´s lineup with EA is just better, and it´s the more powerful machine. Super excited about it all, now we wait until November.

This is actually the first time I´ve pre-ordered a system. I got the Xbox One about 2 months after launch and the 360 about the same. I've noticed my One starting to Lag a little on Warzone so I'm pretty excited to get a huge boost in capabilities. Now all that's left to wonder is if they're going to ship on teh 10th or arrive on the 10th.
Game pass plus the XSX is much more powerful than the "specs" show. XSX is listing its constant no throttling perofrmance where PS5 is listing its peak performance and has already said it wont be able to maintain both CPU and GPU overlcocked for extended periods of time (if even at the same time) so no clue what the true power will be, it will still be massively better than the ps4 Pro and ill likely still get one but the XSX is just a better value especially with game pass. I have never preordered a system either i always got mine in like january (RROD scared me)

srs post.

hands down the XSX has more horse power unless you are into single player PS exclusives the XSX will be the better console by a decent margin

Congrats guys.

I plan on buying one wherever I land next. I preordered the original xbox, and never looked back, so I have an ancient gamertag.

Either that, or I will go back to PC gaming. Been a long time for PC gaming for me.

Right now I use a One X, but the HDMI port is messed up, and I can only run 720... usually. At times, I have to go to 480. Really aggravating to have a "cutting edge" console that is broken.
Ouch, yea they arent really made for travel, in the future i suggest you use a hdmi dongle and leave the dongle always attached and just remove from it so you dont jack up the port :D

I'm with you. I was really waffling between the two and have similar experiences with the controller. I'm still a little annoyed that the new Xbox controller still uses AA batteries. I'm hoping they improved the "drift" problem with the One controllers.

As a casual gamer this is how I look at it. I like to buy one console that's going to last me until the next generation, I never buy the incremental systems like the Xbox One S.

So as I see it, the Xbox has the better hardware. Faster than the PS5. But it's $100 more expensive than the digital version of the PS5. PS5 has some really good looking exclusives coming out, Xbox has some OK ones in the future but nothing seemingly this year (maybe halo?) But since I keep the systems so long it was really about the better hardware, its' going to look better for longer and I play mostly cross-platform games like Battlefield, COD, and Destiny. Plus with Gamepass that's going to be a huge advantage for xbox. A single price for both online access and a huge free game library that includes EA games. So I can try more games included in that price for no additional cost. I think you'll see playstation 5 people more likely to buy the next incremental playstation because this release is already behind technology wise.
RE: Controller... if you are fit to drop some $$ i run an Elite Series 2 and now feel naked when i pick up a regular one. It has internal Li-Ion (of some type) and lasts quite a while plus is just over all a better controller (make sure to get the extended warranty though)

What changes are they making to the next gen subscriptions?

I hear "Game pass" and I have Ultimate as I loaded it for $1 for the year. I played RDR2 for about 10 minutes before I couldnt take the horse shit. I installed PUBG and found it clunky. The only game I've played with Ultimate a bit, was Rocket League, but they banned me for naughty language. I said... "wtf" a lot..... WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is the playstation multiplayer going to be free? Is Xbox Gold being lumped in with game pass and more expensive now?

Sell me Hooplans!

Only time ive had stick drift is usually caused by the kiddos and sometiems i can fix it by taking it completely apart and cleaning it (90% of the time there is some sort of crud in there from the kids)

I love my Elite Series 2 though paddles are a must for me now :D

What changes are they making to the next gen subscriptions?

I hear "Game pass" and I have Ultimate as I loaded it for $1 for the year. I played RDR2 for about 10 minutes before I couldnt take the horse shit. I installed PUBG and found it clunky. The only game I've played with Ultimate a bit, was Rocket League, but they banned me for naughty language. I said... "wtf" a lot..... WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is the playstation multiplayer going to be free? Is Xbox Gold being lumped in with game pass and more expensive now?

Sell me Hooplans!
Playstation has the same multiplayer as xbox live essentially with their PSN or whatever they call it. Playstation Now is inferior to game pass, the console is inferior, the only thing playstation will have is its exclusives that are almsot always single player so meh (i only game multiplayer)

I don't think you'll notice the better hardware right now. But in 5 years I think you might. That's when I started seeing my xbox not play games looking as great and when games starting dropping framerates to play on the system.
That is when you should have bought the 1x :D

Xbox exclusives lost me when they made the main character in Gears a female.

Sorry, I'm out on that shit.

Never got in on Halo.
Xbox doesnt really do "exclusives" anymore. Anything made by a studio owned by MS goes to game pass now. Game pass is available on PC and Xbox it will really come down to how you want to play on what you buy I like console gaming more but run both xbox and PC

Playstation has the same multiplayer as xbox live essentially with their PSN or whatever they call it. Playstation Now is inferior to game pass, the console is inferior, the only thing playstation will have is its exclusives that are almsot always single player so meh (i only game multiplayer)

I basically only play one game at a time really. For a year it was Gears 4, for the last 18 months its been Siege.

Metal Gear Solid though.... :( :(