Halloween/Fall decoration ideas

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 167.00
With COVID and most likely a lack of trick-or-treating this year, we may forego Halloween decorations and just put up fall type decor this year. Sort of bums me out, because I did enjoy putting up Halloween decorations, but I'll probably start looking for corn stalks, hay bales, etc for fall.

Figured I'd provide a thread to put up your Halloween/fall decorations to provide some ideas for others.

Started putting up a pumpkin bucket arch the last couple years similar to this one:
Rubbermaid-Roughneck-Fall-Cleaning-11sm.jpg

Directions here: How to Make a Halloween Pumpkin Archway - Tried & True Creative

Then just some homemade gravestones with funny sayings, skeletons hanging in trees, projection lights on the house, glow in the dark spiderwebs, and a few zombies strown throughout. Some creepy music and a fog machine lends some ambience, especially compared to most of the neighborhood, as while we all hand out candy and are considered a "go to neighborhood" for those in the area, most houses don't do a lot other than hand out candy.

I have previously dressed up a "scarecrow" on my front porch at the beginning of October with bibbed overalls, hat, and pumpkin head, and then on Halloween night, I took its place with the candy bucket in front of me (pumpkin head mask). If it's an older kid, I'll stay still and scare them as they reach for the candy. If it's a young child, I'll stand up prior to them getting close and give them the candy.

Halloween is my favorite holiday to decorate, with Christmas being my wife's. I bet you can guess which has more room allocated in the shed :cry:

So whatcha got?

I had to go to Lowe's for a cutoff valve for a refrigerator water line, and the wife said, "while you're going..."

A few other stops and a couple hours later, I've got the exterior setup. She has to do the interior herself.

20200920_163249.jpg20200920_162926.jpg

Kids are all grown up and I live on a dead end street off of a dead end street so I don't play Halloween anymore. Plenty of folks around get very creative which is cool for the kids.