Happy Birthday, Led Zeppelin III

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
50 years old, today

it came out 5 years before i was born

120908312_10158535206561648_2887247009023058171_o.jpg

Got it for Xmas that year.

Mom had hidden it in her closet but I found it, opened it and played it while they were out.

Then tried to re-seal the cellophane. To no avail.

She threatened to take it back. To no avail, store wouldn't take it as it wasn't damaged but it was open....

I still remember the "pop" that was at the start or Celebration Day. I still expect to hear the pop when I play the CD...

I was a sophomore in HS in *1970 and bought the 8-track tape when it came out...then bought the vinyl a few months later because I played that tape to death.

*Also had Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" 8-track tape, which came out about 2 months earlier that year....LOL

I will kick a cat when Bron Y Aur Stomp kicks in. Clear out duh way, cat!

I will kick a cat when Bron Y Aur Stomp kicks in. Clear out duh way, cat!

I love that song.

I saw Plant and his Band Of Joy do the same song live and you really couldn't recognize it. the also did Gallow's Pole.

For me it's...

1. Their 1st
2. Their 3rd
3. Houses of the Holy
4. Their 2nd
5. Tie: (Physical Graffiti and their 4th: ZoSo)

That's a great one, too; probably numero #2 par moi.

I think the quality diminishes somewhat after Physical Graffiti. I can't honestly say the next two are bad albums, per se, just not my favorite LZ's. YMMV

I didn't like it when I first bought it, but it grew on me over time.

I didn't like it when I first bought it, but it grew on me over time.

If you didn't like it, then why the fuck did you buy it? Are you a god damn retard??!! By the 80's (and earlier, FTM), every fucking bloke in the world had heard every song off of that album, if they so chose to do so, WITHOUT actually having to buy the album. The fact that you were the one person in the world who bought that album without actually hearing it is stunningly amazing. The fact that it then grew on you, warms my heart. I now consider you my best friend.

That's a great one, too; probably numero #2 par moi.

I think the quality diminishes somewhat after Physical Graffiti. I can't honestly say the next two are bad albums, per se, just not my favorite LZ's. YMMV

That's one (HOTH) I don't think highly of. I was disappointed when I bought it. Too much mellotron or whatever the heck it is.