Heavy Bag Workouts

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
do any of you workout with a heavy bag? Just boxing.

I have done a couple drills with mine here and there, mostly just jabs and footwork, but the occasional combo drill, but I have never made it a steady part of my workout.

looking to do that this winter. Anyone have suggestions? Training aides? Books? youtube?

I used to during lunch breaks. I just hit the bag

I used to during lunch breaks. I just hit the bag
Mad Self Defense GIF by TLC

Is it an old bag?

I would just set a timer for about 1-2 minute "rounds" with a 30 second rest between them. Would go through each type of strike (jab, cross, hook, etc) to warm up and switch to southpaw for a round after going one round righty. Then just work in a series of combos (jab-cross-hook-uppercut) for a couple rounds.

While I would also work leg strikes into the routine, you just want to make sure you're moving around (circling) and constantly throwing good technique punches if you're looking for fitness. If you start throwing punches with poor technique, you need to take a break and add more rest.

I'm sure there are several youtube training videos or programs online that you could follow, but I just haven't done them much to recommend anything.

Equipment is just a bag, gloves (not full size boxing) with a wrist wrap, timer, towel and water.

Reactions: ill

I have done a couple drills with mine here and there, mostly just jabs and footwork, but the occasional combo drill, but I have never made it a steady part of my workout.

looking to do that this winter. Anyone have suggestions? Training aides? Books? youtube?
i gotta heavy bag you can work out. . .

If you're an adult, aged 30+ who has never boxed before and you're just getting into "hitting a heavy bag" make sure you have the starter kit:

- Tank top
- Cigarettes
- Receding hairline
- Morbid Obesity

Bonus points if said tank top is Ed Hardy or Affliction and if you drive a pickup truck.

If you're an adult, aged 30+ who has never boxed before and you're just getting into "hitting a heavy bag" make sure you have the starter kit:

- Tank top
- Cigarettes
- Receding hairline
- Morbid Obesity

Bonus points if said tank top is Ed Hardy or Affliction and if you drive a pickup truck.
terrible joke is terrible.

Used to work on a bag all the time.

There's a pizza place in Postdam that sells the best fatbags.

Does that count?

:drool:

1625753436417.png