Help on Xbox console

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,364.00
Son wants a new Xbox for Christmas and being a non-gamer I have no clue which unit to choose. He really only plays Madden and maybe NBA2K, not really into other games. Is the Xbox Series S sufficient for this or is the more expensive Xbox X a better option. Like I said he doesn't watch movies, nor plays other games other than Madden. The one thing I don't like about the Series S is the lack of disc drive.

Give your son the greatest gift of all, don't buy him that shit and get him a paper route

I picked up a series S since they’re practically giving them away at this point. If you’re not an Uber nerd about processing power and graphics, it does just fine. It runs much smoother than an XBone and games look better as well. I feel the series S is good for people like me and sounds like your kid, who just play the shit out of 1 or 2 games.

I feel like the series X is just for dorks to flex.

Son wants a new Xbox for Christmas and being a non-gamer I have no clue which unit to choose. He really only plays Madden and maybe NBA2K, not really into other games. Is the Xbox Series S sufficient for this or is the more expensive Xbox X a better option. Like I said he doesn't watch movies, nor plays other games other than Madden. The one thing I don't like about the Series S is the lack of disc drive.
1-2 games S should be fine. no disc drive means on line purchases/digital downloads. xbox/microsoft will want your credit card info in the system. so make sure you secure that with like a pin or something so the kid or friends dont make unauthorized or accidental purchases.