History Podcasts

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
For those who like history. I recommend the following..

Hardcore History. The grand daddy of long format history podcasts. Does a great job of storytelling about events you may not know as much about as you think.

Martyrmade - This series is kinda crazy. His history on the creation of the state of Israel is fantastic. His history of Jim Jones may be even better.

History of Rome - 200 30 minute or so episodes starting with Romulus and Remus and ending right around Charlemagne.

Our Fake History - Dispels a ton of myths about history in some really compelling ways.

I am subscribed to Hardcore History on my app but I can never find time to listen to a full episode.

Dan Carlin is damn good as a host though.

Hoping his Common Sense podcast becomes more frequent again with a new President.

I am subscribed to Hardcore History on my app but I can never find time to listen to a full episode.

Dan Carlin is damn good as a host though.

Hoping his Common Sense podcast becomes more frequent again with a new President.

Yeah. He was pretty disillusioned with Trumpism.

Yeah. He was pretty disillusioned with Trumpism.
I'm not sure he was against trumpism or if he was against the partisanship that came.with it.

I'm not sure he was against trumpism or if he was against the partisanship that came.with it.

I've been listening to Dan for at 10 years. He's certainly not a Democrat and dislikes partisanship as well. But Trumpism really was just a bridge too far for him. The absurdity of the movement really.

Reactions: ill
I always took his takes as against the gross partisanship too. It’s something I liked about him.

Martyrmade on the Jonestown cult was really good.

Reactions: ill
Behind the Bastards

Disgraceland (if pop culture is your thing)

American History Story Tellers is pretty good. Also Recommend Legends of the Old West