Hogwarts Legacy

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,167.00
I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but it's hard to miss the content coming out for this game that launches in a couple weeks. Anyone planning on getting it? I've been more and more into open world games lately and with the horrible releases in 2022 I'm really looking for something else to play. Just watched some overviews of the game from people who got some early access:

IGN
9 / 10
Metro GameCentral
8 / 10
GamesRadar+
3.5 / 5
TheSixthAxis
7 / 10
Hobby Consolas
90 / 100
IGN Spain
9 / 10
IGN Italy
9.2 / 10
God is a Geek
9 / 10

IDK I think I might wait on this one, it's got enough 7/8 range reviews to make me not want to spend $70 on it. I'll wait until it's a $30-$40 game I think .

IDK I think I might wait on this one, it's got enough 7/8 range reviews to make me not want to spend $70 on it. I'll wait until it's a $30-$40 game I think .

Looks like it will be a cool game. Ordered it for my daughter but the Switch version so won't get it for awhile. Felt like she would get more use out of it that way

Looks like it will be a cool game. Ordered it for my daughter but the Switch version so won't get it for awhile. Felt like she would get more use out of it that way
I still haven't decided if it sucks or not. There's parts that look OK, specifically the actual open world part. But the other parts just look kind of boring unless you're really into harry potter lore.

I still haven't decided if it sucks or not. There's parts that look OK, specifically the actual open world part. But the other parts just look kind of boring unless you're really into harry potter lore.

Definitely think Harry Potter fans are going to enjoy this immensely more than a regular gamer. Going through school and exploring parts of the castle you have only read about is going to be a heck of a lot more exciting to someone like my daughter who has read through the books like 7 times than me who has only watched the movies with them.

Still, watching some of the trailers and reading reviews, I think I could enjoy it if I tried it.

This looks like it will be really cool, but my wife and son are huge Potter fans and I know if I buy it then they will always want to be on the PS. Can't have that.

So it's like a magical GTA? I always like the open world stuff, but the actual story and some of the missions are tedious and suck

So it's like a magical GTA? I always like the open world stuff, but the actual story and some of the missions are tedious and suck
I get the sense that there's a LOT less to do in the open world than GTA. One of the things that I wish they added into this Hogwarts game was a Good/Evil meter, similar to how they did it in RDR2. So as you did things in the world you could make your character good or play a more evil path...so if you play twice you get different results. But it seems like there's really 1 path in this open world and your actions don't dictate that path, which makes me less interested in playing it.

This looks like it will be really cool, but my wife and son are huge Potter fans and I know if I buy it then they will always want to be on the PS. Can't have that.

This is exactly why I'm waiting for the switch version to come out before I get it for my kids