Hornets are unveiling a City Jersey called CL.T

FhNggJ6XgAcCvKd

People always need to think about how an acronym will be pronounced. Years ago, I had to have a very awkward discussion with an employee why we couldn’t call her team the Production Underwriting Support Center.

People always need to think about how an acronym will be pronounced. Years ago, I had to have a very awkward discussion with an employee why we couldn’t call her team the Production Underwriting Support Center.
When I lived in NYC, I was consulting for a team upstate and they had come up with some really innovative technology and we got invited to come into the city and have a conference with some investors to basically demonstrate the technology.

We were in a van going into the city and someone said "we haven't even come up with a name for this group yet" so we were brainstorming names.

One guy goes "just pitch it to them as Trident Information Technology Systems."

internet seriously GIF

Last edited:
Our lovely folks in the UK came up with an acronym for a live wireless device that was assigned to a person no longer at a client company.

Active Service Passive User.

"Now, let's talk about the savings we can get via ASPU" was a fun twist to a conversation.