Horror Movies

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Horror & thriller movie enthusiasts unite! Use this thread to discuss any horror movies you have watched, want to see (coming soon), or in the rumor mill. The good, the bad & the ugly are all welcome!

Having to reboot this thread for the new site! Let me know if you want me to move any movie reviews we did over at the other site onto here.

Let me know if you want me to move any movie reviews we did over at the other site onto here.

ALL OF THEM!

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

Vivarium. Was it horror? IDK, but it was fucking freaky as hell. I never thought I would want to kill a child, but THAT kid? Maybe.

There it is... I was tempted to create the thread but I just can't dishonor @FaCe-LeE-uS like that.

I was pretty excited for New Mutants as I thought it was going to be a horror superhero movie, but looks like it got that stupid PG-13 rating stamped on it (when it was SUPPOSED to be R). I'll probably still watch it because Anya Taylor-Joy is a fine piece of ass.

Vivarium. Was it horror? IDK, but it was fucking freaky as hell. I never thought I would want to kill a child, but THAT kid? Maybe.
Yah that was a weird but interesting movie. I thought for sure the kid was going to move in on the Mom as her new husband, but it never went that way.

Either way weird concept and movie... but it held my interest. I do like SciFi movies like this where it leaves a lot up to your imagination/interpretation instead of spelling everything out for you in a play by play, predictable plot that so many use.

I also never realized cuckoo birds do what happens at the beginning. Apparently that's a real thing, WTF!? I looked it up after I saw that scene, and once I understood that it was real and what was happening, I had a pretty decent understanding of where the movie was going.

Finna PM you all 395 of them... individually
Oh, I'm here now. Fuck, I watched so much trash recently, think I might have found one or two okay. Shit, nice to see you here, so nice that's why I said it twice.

100% horror and she should have let him kill that bastage when they had that chance, that being said, whatever area they went to seemed to be on another plain, so they would have been extinct regardless, so not the best plan in the world, though poots run through it probably hinted at the fact they had other cats being incubated and raised.

Yah that was a weird but interesting movie. I thought for sure the kid was going to move in on the Mom as her new husband, but it never went that way.

Either way weird concept and movie... but it held my interest. I do like SciFi movies like this where it leaves a lot up to your imagination/interpretation instead of spelling everything out for you in a play by play, predictable plot that so many use.

I also never realized cuckoo birds do what happens at the beginning. Apparently that's a real thing, WTF!? I looked it up after I saw that scene, and once I understood that it was real and what was happening, I had a pretty decent understanding of where the movie was going.
Exactly! I didn't know that either and later realized pretty quick when they received their surprise package early on.

@FaCe-LeE-uS Anything worth while on Netflix? Nothing has been coming out and I kind of fell out of movies lol.

Anyone ever see, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things? I know there are way better movies in technical terms, but that sucker scared the living piss out of me as a pre-teen.

There used to be a thing called Nightmare Theater on local TV. Back to back horror movies on Fridays nights in the 70's. @AlaskaGuy might remember that one?

Monstervision on TNT was great back in the day.

Fuck.....Face beat me to it.

Don't know if you already talked about this on the other Hoop but on YouTube, WhatCulture has started a WhatCulture Horror Channel.

Watched 3 headed shark attack again yesterday.....funny.....

Has anyone here watched Brightburn?

Trying to catch up on classics during the pandemic....caught Near Dark and The Changeling in the past week.

Both were well worth my time.

Caught the Train to Busan sequel last week. While I wasn't as big a fan as everyone else seemed to be about the original (just another zombie movie, felt like Speed, but with Zombies), the sequel went in another direction. Not good or bad (well not counting the CGI), felt like after the success they tried to cater it more to a US audience and the results weren't great.

Has anyone here watched Brightburn?
Yup... Wasn't very good. Gave it a 5/10. I liked the anti-superhero approach though. Just wish they had done it better.