Nebraska Cornhuskers How different would you feel?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
If:
Nebraska wins in Ireland by one point.
-or-
Nebraska loses in Ireland by one point.

Are your expectations, at this point, such that point spread matters? Or is a win all that matters?

If:
-or-

Are your expectations, at this point, such that point spread matters? Or is a win all that matters?
If we win I’ll think we could make a bowl game, if we lose I will probably have zero faith in making a bowl even with easier schedule this year

Happy with a W, but I don't expect it.

Frost lost his opener against (5-7) Illinois in his 4th season. That was Burt Bielema's first year at Illinois.
After that opener, Illinois lost it's next 4 straight to UTSA, Virginia, Maryland, and Purdue.

Fitz is in his 17th season at Northwestern, is 2-2 against Frost, and is 5-6 against Nebraska since they joined the Big 10.

Even Bill Jennings got a 5th year, but went backwards.
Some guys can put the pieces together and get them lined up right, and some guys can't.
Devaney clearly could.

1659624374335.png

Frost lost his opener against (5-7) Illinois in his 4th season. That was Burt Bielema's first year at Illinois.
After that opener, Illinois lost it's next 4 straight to UTSA, Virginia, Maryland, and Purdue.

Fitz is in his 17th season at Northwestern, is 2-2 against Frost, and is 5-6 against Nebraska since they joined the Big 10.

Some guys can put the pieces together and get them lined up right, and some guys can't.
Devaney clearly could.

View attachment 80194
The inability to sell tickets is proof that many feel the same way about the Huskers winning games. Only 1 offensive coach remains from last year. I didn’t want to believe it earlier but Frost is a dead man walking at this point.

If:
-or-

This sets the tone, win at all costs

Devaney clearly could.

View attachment 80194
Cuz he banned Xbox! We need to get them all gaming in their down time!!! Faster more accurate decisions can be made!

The inability to sell tickets is proof that many feel the same way about the Huskers winning games. Only 1 offensive coach remains from last year. I didn’t want to believe it earlier but Frost is a dead man walking at this point.

Yeah, rarely does replacing a bunch of assistants change anything since putting the pieces together all starts at the top.

Brian Kelly replaced a bunch of guys on both sides of the ball in 2015 and 2016 and got things turned around from a 4-8 season.
Difference is Kelly was (12-1), (9-4), (8-5), and (10-3) prior to that 4-8 season.

Frost has never had anything going. It's like Groundhog Day. He can't even keep the best local talent here.

Saban replaces coaches on the regular who take bigger jobs elsewhere, but he's the GOAT. It's plug and play assistants there and Saban evaluates well.

Yeah, rarely does replacing a bunch of assistants change anything since putting the pieces together all starts at the top.

Brian Kelly replaced a bunch of guys on both sides of the ball in 2015 and 2016 and got things turned around from a 4-8 season.
Difference is Kelly was (12-1), (9-4), (8-5), and (10-3) prior to that 4-8 season.

Frost has never had anything going. It's like Groundhog Day. He can't even keep the best local talent here.

Saban replaces coaches on the regular who take bigger jobs elsewhere, but he's the GOAT. It's plug and play assistants there and Saban evaluates well.
So you excited to see the what has been described as pro pass or West Coast offense again? I swear we have had a new offense every 5 years or so. I have been watching Pittsburgh games from last year and running the ball is a afterthought.

So you excited to see the what has been described as pro pass or West Coast offense again? I swear we have had a new offense every 5 years or so. I have been watching Pittsburgh games from last year and running the ball is a afterthought.

I'm a believer that you have to run the ball well to win the Big 10.

A 45% - 55% run/pass ratio could have success. However, you have to put the pieces together and get guys lined up right. Limit penalties and turnovers.

I have little faith that Frost is capable of doing all those things.

I'm a believer that you have to run the ball well to win the Big 10.

A 45% - 55% run/pass ratio could have success. However, you have to put the pieces together and get guys lined up right. Limit penalties and turnovers.

I have little faith that Frost is capable of doing all those things.
I need Frost to do one thing, and one thing only.
Get the hell out of the way.
He hired people to save his job, he needs to step back and let them do their jobs.
-then-
Hopefully, he takes this season to learn how to be a head coach/COO. Learn how to better manage the clock. Make better decisions in critical situations. Shit like that.

Devaney clearly could.

View attachment 80194

FZ6OzFNWQAAKmuh

Bout time we hear about some fire at those great practices !!

I need Frost to do one thing, and one thing only.
Get the hell out of the way.
He hired people to save his job, he needs to step back and let them do their jobs.
-then-
Hopefully, he takes this season to learn how to be a head coach/COO. Learn how to better manage the clock. Make better decisions in critical situations. Shit like that.
:10: :dingdingding: :agree: