How dumb can you be? Nascar Edition

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 35,092.00

Skip to content
MENU

Promo Image

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - FEBRUARY 04: Kyle Busch, driver of the #8 BetMGM Chevrolet, speaks to the media prior to practice for the NASCAR Clash at the Coliseum at Los Angeles Coliseum on February 04, 2023 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by James Gilbert/Getty Images) | Getty Images

Kyle Busch arrested with gun at Cancun Airport in January​

FEBRUARY 6, 2023 AT 4:12 PM

A number of Americans have been caught with firearms at Cancun International Airport over the last year, but the most recent case involves a well-known American NASCAR driver. Kyle Busch, a champion race car driver, was caught with a .38 caliber handgun and hollow tip ammunition in his luggage at Cancun Airport. He was quickly arrested following the discovery and eventually sentenced to 3.5 years in prison.
While Kyle Busch was at the airport, private security officials became suspicious and alerted the National Guard of the possibility that he had a firearm. Upon searching, it was found that there was, in fact, an unlicensed firearm, along with a magazine loaded with hollow point bullets, which are designed to cause more damage. The National Guard arrested Busch when the weapon and ammunition were discovered.
According to reports, following the arrest, an investigation was opened, and the arrest was found to be a legitimate arrest. Two days after the arrest, a Federal Public Ministry Agent presented Kyle Busch to a judge, and the judge issued a sentence. Mr. Busch was fined more than 27,000 pesos, which is almost $1,100 USD, and was sentenced to 3 ½ years in prison, although it is unclear exactly where that prison sentence will be carried out.
Cancun Sun https://www.jayski.com/television-listings/

So how did he wind up with an unlicensed firearm, did he just get it from a local street vendor?

So how did he wind up with an unlicensed firearm, did he just get it from a local street vendor?
Apparently it was a legal gun that he forgot was in his luggage. It’s a big nothing burger. NASCAR has said he’s not facing punishment and none of his sponsors are threatening anything. Surprised Jayski would be so clickbaity

Apparently it was a legal gun that he forgot was in his luggage. It’s a big nothing burger. NASCAR has said he’s not facing punishment and none of his sponsors are threatening anything. Surprised Jayski would be so clickbaity
A little confused on what is a legal firearm here. The article said it wasn't licensed.

Also odd that Mexican officials caught it, meaning he had to have had it when he left an american airport. Why didn't our TSA catch it?

A little confused on what is a legal firearm here. The article said it wasn't licensed.

Also odd that Mexican officials caught it, meaning he had to have had it when he left an american airport. Why didn't our TSA catch it?
I’m not 100% sure on the laws of NC is, which is where his home is. I have a concealed carry license, but none of my guns are licensed themselves and I have a bunch of em.

And I can’t answer the airport questions. But when I flew my shotguns to SD for my bird hunting trip, the Atlanta airport was fine with just two combo locks on the gun case, but I had to go buy two more locks at the Sioux Falls airport before they’d check em for the flight home

But he’s legal in NC apparently and kosher with NASCAR.

And the article read like he fled the country to escape his sentence when in reality the judge permitted him to return home after posting bond and the matter is settled

Brittney Griner.. prescribed cream in her bag.. fry her ass and leave her in mother russia..

kyle bush - gun in hand. oh the poor guy what about the humanity of him....
Gun wasn’t in his hand and literally nobody is saying that.

2/10 you know the drill by now

Brittney Griner.. prescribed cream in her bag.. fry her ass and leave her in mother russia..

She was going to vape cream?

The dumbest thing here is that it’s pretty believable that he simply forgot a small pistol like a .38 was in his luggage, but it was the check for the flight home that caught him. He had to have found it at some point during his several days vacation there. You’re a millionaire, toss that cheap ass .38 in the ocean before you try to fly home with it.

It’s a bad look for the TSA at whatever airport he flew out of to start with, probably Charlotte

a) Who here or anywhere on social media has said that about Busch?

b) You're a real fucking retard sometimes.

The dumbest thing here is that it’s pretty believable that he simply forgot a small pistol like a .38 was in his luggage, but it was the check for the flight home that caught him. He had to have found it at some point during his several days vacation there. You’re a millionaire, toss that cheap ass .38 in the ocean before you try to fly home with it.

It’s a bad look for the TSA at whatever airport he flew out of to start with, probably Charlotte
Charlotte airport sucks balls, and not just for this.

and was sentenced to 3 ½ years in prison, although it is unclear exactly where that prison sentence will be carried out.
so who is the sub driver for him for this little 3.5 year sentence? :heh:

so who is the sub driver for him for this little 3.5 year sentence? :heh:
I'm sure a hefty wire transfer from Kyle to the Mexican government's account will make that prison sentence disappear.

My guess here is because he didn't go thru TSA. He probably flew private and they typically don't go through the TSA checkpoints. When he arrived in Mexico, there's probably a check but I can see them just letting them thru because "hey, its a rich person from America. Just let them thru". Then for whatever reason when he flew out of Mexico, they checked him on the way back.