If accurate - NIL numbers

''Our estimate of NIL Collective funding is based on a percentage of the school’s existing booster & fan support''

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

''Our estimate of NIL Collective funding is based on a percentage of the school’s existing booster & fan support''

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Come on man you don't think Virginia, Michigan State and Indiana are in the top 15 of NIL funding?

Virginia is going to be an orange and blue beast.

Nebraska:
Ticket Sales: 38,946,701
Contributions: 9,570,734

So basically Nebraska's source of support comes from:
- Tickets to Orphans
- Volleyball ticket sales
- Balloon sales at the gate

:headscratch:

Just wait til Tennessee is no longer paying the soon to be dead NCAA 8mm per year…

So NIL, buying classes, buying recruits, all of that is fine now?

Got it. dumbasses

Come on man you don't think Virginia, Michigan State and Indiana are in the top 15 of NIL funding?

Virginia is going to be an orange and blue beast.
Michigan State definitely could be. The dude who bought the Phoenix Suns for $4 billion was a MSU basketball player.

Michigan State definitely could be. The dude who bought the Phoenix Suns for $4 billion was a MSU basketball player.
They have been pumping money into the program (see the Tucker contract).

Not super surprised to see where Kansas is. If the other NIL estimates with basketball are it accurate… KU’s basketball program takes up more than 50% of their NIL at around 4M, which would supposedly be the biggest one on the basketball side of things.

Not super surprised to see where Kansas is. If the other NIL estimates with basketball are it accurate… KU’s basketball program takes up more than 50% of their NIL at around 4M, which would supposedly be the biggest one on the basketball side of things.
I think your numbers are way low. Supposedly Alabama is giving that kid from Rutgers basketball program 2mm to transfer and UNC is rumored to have offered more. I’m betting Kansas has ay least 5 one million dollar guys or they would lose them.

I think your numbers are way low. Supposedly Alabama is giving that kid from Rutgers basketball program 2mm to transfer and UNC is rumored to have offered more. I’m betting Kansas has ay least 5 one million dollar guys or they would lose them.
I think NIL numbers are way lower than people think. Basketball has money other than NIL herding players to schools as well which are probably/definitely against rules/spirit thereof but happen anyways. Adidas and Kansas are an example. Or since this is the CFB forum, Oregon is known as Nike U for a reason. Say it is within the rules all you want, but corporations (and/or very powerful people within them) have effectively been herding recruits for a while now.

Though we are seeing corporations just go straight to NIL now like FedEx and Memphis. So we’ll see if that evolves.

There’s a reason players are pushing for employee status, there’s more money in it.

Last edited:
I think NIL numbers are way lower than people think. Basketball has money other than NIL herding players to schools as well which are probably/definitely against rules/spirit thereof but happen anyways. Adidas and Kansas are an example. Or since this is the CFB forum, Oregon is known as Nike U for a reason. Say it is within the rules all you want, but corporations (and/or very powerful people within them) have effectively been herding recruits for a while now.

Though we are seeing corporations just go straight to NIL now like FedEx and Memphis. So we’ll see if that evolves.

There’s a reason players are pushing for employee status, there’s more money in it.
Yeah -- I'm sure Kansas gave Hunter Dickinson a pretty penny to transfer. His only reason for transferring was to get the most NIL dollars he could. He may sit on the bench of a NBA team, but he is too slow to play in the NBA, so he was smart and is maximizing what he can get in college.

Yeah -- I'm sure Kansas gave Hunter Dickinson a pretty penny to transfer. His only reason for transferring was to get the most NIL dollars he could. He may sit on the bench of a NBA team, but he is too slow to play in the NBA, so he was smart and is maximizing what he can get in college.
A very sizeable amount of KU’s NIL is definitely going to Hunter. UM just doesn’t give a shit comparatively about basketball and would rather go after football players 9/10 times if everything else is equal, like most schools.

KU’s NIL isn’t all that large. It’s just budgeted unusually towards basketball. If UM NIL wanted to, they could just buy(but also not buy, that’d would be *cheating*) a super team every year in basketball The football team would fall off hard though and that’s where the real money is in college athletics.