Infield Fly Rule needs two runners.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 447.00
Infield Fly rule should be changed. When any runner is on base and someone pops up in fair territory on the infield, the fielder must catch it or the batter will be safe on first and all runners move up one base. Runners must return to the base (and be on it) to advance one base. The runner should be allowed to move further at their own risk.

Note: Just my humble opinion.

Has to be less than 2 outs and a force at 3rd. Super simple.

Has to be less than 2 outs and a force at 3rd. Super simple.
I get the rule, but it seems they should have it with someone on first only as well. Here shows easy double play as runner doesn't know what to do.

If he stayed on first, they tag him, then get the force out.

If he went to second, catch the ball and force out.

Or like the video, don't catch, get the force, get the runner in the pickle.

If infield fly was accepted, runner could stay on first.

I get the rule, but it seems they should have it with someone on first only as well. Here shows easy double play as runner doesn't know what to do.

In that case the batter should have been running. The ball has to be a clear pop up, meaning not just a little pop-liner. There is plenty of time for the batter to get down the line. The 1B in this case saw he was being lazy and took advantage. Had he been running then they only get one out either way.

It's rare the defense would benefit if the batter runs. It can happen but if the batter gives a legit effort to get to first base it is unlikely to double him up.

Or the batter should be running the damn hit out so they can't do that

It's rare the defense would benefit if the batter runs. It can happen but if the batter gives a legit effort to get to first base it is unlikely to double him up.

Infield fly rule is rare in general. Same can also be said with a runner on 2nd and first.

In that case the batter should have been running. The ball has to be a clear pop up, meaning not just a little pop-liner. There is plenty of time for the batter to get down the line. The 1B in this case saw he was being lazy and took advantage. Had he been running then they only get one out either way.

How would it have been different if 2nd base had a runner? Same double play would have happened.