It's Rivalry week so why aren't rivals playing?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
The following are/were staples for Rivalry week. Why are these games now being played a week or weeks before Thanksgiving weekend?

-Bedlam
-USC/UCLA
-CAL/Stanford
-Arkansas/LSU

I am sure I am missing some, especially some former ones ruined by conference realignment, but these were the ones that came to mind that were still in the same conference.

Because TAMU tucked tail to go to an easier conference a decade ago.

But we fix that next year.

USC/UCLA was never an automatic last game of the regular season due to Notre Dame.

I thought I saw somewhere that the B1G was going to make that an end of season protected game starting next season.

I thought I saw somewhere that the B1G was going to make that an end of season protected game starting next season.

I hadn't seen that.

If the game was played @ ND it was always an early fall game. If it was played @ USC it was always the final regular season game.

Notre Dame would like to keep that game for recruiting. However, I doubt USC will want to play in South Bend last week of November.

I hadn't seen that.

If the game was played @ ND it was always an early fall game. If it was played @ USC it was always the final regular season game.

Notre Dame would like to keep that game for recruiting. However, I doubt USC will want to play in South Bend last week of November.

Yeah. IIRC B1G wanted to make all the rivalry games (traditional and forced) the last game. So Michigan/Ohio State, Washington/Oregon, UCLA/USC, Iowa/Nebraska, Minny/Whisky, so on and so forth. However, I can't remember if it was just a speculation thing or actually being planned

Yeah. IIRC B1G wanted to make all the rivalry games (traditional and forced) the last game. So Michigan/Ohio State, Washington/Oregon, UCLA/USC, Iowa/Nebraska, Minny/Whisky, so on and so forth. However, I can't remember if it was just a speculation thing or actually being planned
they shouldn't have oregon face off with Udub this week when they both are in the BiG.. Should have them face the beavers and wazzu

Arkansas/LSU haven't played on rivalry week since Texas A&M joined the SEC. Arky/LSU was a forced rivalry anyway, probably the first fake rivalry that was created due to bastardized expansion.

The following are/were staples for Rivalry week. Why are these games now being played a week or weeks before Thanksgiving weekend?

-Bedlam
-USC/UCLA
-CAL/Stanford
-Arkansas/LSU

I am sure I am missing some, especially some former ones ruined by conference realignment, but these were the ones that came to mind that were still in the same conference.
Next year is the first year with of division-less B1G.

I hate the thought of OSU-Michigan being played in back to back weeks.

I also hate the thought of OSU-Michigan being moved to the middle of the year to avoid that.

Please don't even respond with how you think the PAC-12 schools are going to come in and rule the conference. Ask Penn State how that went for them.

The last Thanksgiving Apple Cup this week. Won't be the same in September moving forward.