Jon Jones vacates Light Heavyweight Title

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 197,000.00
Bones just relinquished his belt. I saw there's a Dominic Reyes and Jan Blachowicz fight almost finalized and it'll probably be for the vacant title.

Has to mean Jones is moving up to Heavyweight right?

Hope so. I have been chomping at the bit to get to see Jones vs Ngannou.

Though I am sure Jones would fight Miocic first.

Ngannou vs. Miocic has to be on deck first. I think they give Jones a warmup fight first at Heavyweight. Show that he can hang.

Ngannou vs. Miocic has to be on deck first. I think they give Jones a warmup fight first at Heavyweight. Show that he can hang.
Still has to be a name... I don't think it can be Rozenstruik. He may have beaten Junior, but still fresh off Ngannou in my opinion. Maybe Blades, Lewis, or Overeem?

Still has to be a name... I don't think it can be Rozenstruik. He may have beaten Junior, but still fresh off Ngannou in my opinion. Maybe Blades, Lewis, or Overeem?
Definitely not Blaydes. Lewis and Overeem make sense. Probably Lewis though if I had to pick between the two. Or of course if they book Stipe and Ngannou let's say towards the end of the year/early next year, you could see a Stipe/Ngannou vs. Jones fight for international fight week. That would be massive.

I think Blades/ Jones would be interesting lol. People love to hate both of these guys, but for different reasons. Blades is arguably #2 or 3 and so it serves as a legit title shot for Jones should he beat him.

Being perfectly honest, I think if Jones puts on the weight properly, he will fucking dominate the HW division too.

Bones just relinquished his belt. I saw there's a Dominic Reyes and Jan Blachowicz fight almost finalized and it'll probably be for the vacant title.

Has to mean Jones is moving up to Heavyweight right?
He should go to Bellator and say fuck you to Dana.

That's a career decision right up there with moving to montanna....
Would have been a dumb career move in 2016. It would be astronomically dumb now. Bellator's numbers are falling. They've been crushed by Spike's rebranding to the Paramount Network.