Kburjr, help me with the thread title here

This post does not bring healing

90f3979ffb6b8566eca423436ca00a01.gif

Moving this from the PF by request:

I can't speak for everyone else, but yeah, I live my life in a constant state of anger/unhappiness. Sometimes I keep it suppressed, some times it boils over. What I've learned is to take an Epicurean approach, and minimize the opportunities for unpleasant activities in my life (he was not a hedonist, contrary to popular belief).

Sometimes limiting the unpleasantness means not reading or responding to particular individuals on the internet who also appear to live in a constant state of anger/unhappiness...or it means joking about their anger. I have found that people will be somewhat more reasonable if they don't take you seriously.

You're a psychologist aren't you.
and this is all an experiment.

fresh off the boat mind blown GIF

Moving this from the PF by request:

I can't speak for everyone else, but yeah, I live my life in a constant state of anger/unhappiness. Sometimes I keep it suppressed, some times it boils over. What I've learned is to take an Epicurean approach, and minimize the opportunities for unpleasant activities in my life (he was not a hedonist, contrary to popular belief).

Sometimes limiting the unpleasantness means not reading or responding to particular individuals on the internet who also appear to live in a constant state of anger/unhappiness...or it means joking about their anger. I have found that people will be somewhat more reasonable if they don't take you seriously.

Never would have guess that. Always figured you as someone who didn't take life too seriously. I try not to myself. Perhaps because of this, is why you come off that way. I agree though, when people don't think you are going to argue with them as much, they'll open up some. Except maybe those that really only intend to argue.

Never would have guess that. Always figured you as someone who didn't take life too seriously. I try not to myself. Perhaps because of this, is why you come off that way. I agree though, when people don't think you are going to argue with them as much, they'll open up some. Except maybe those that really only intend to argue.
I'm a mixture IRL. Some things I take very seriously when I shouldn't, others I don't take seriously when I should, and everything in between.

Sometimes it's hard to know if people on the internet are being serious or not, so in order to avoid self-jimmy rustling, I try to assume nobody really means what they say. This way, I'm not flyng off the handle, only to receive moments later a "bwahaha, I got you all triggered, hurdy-hurr!"

After a while posting with the same person you can get a better sense, maybe, of how much they are BSing.

I'm a mixture IRL. Some things I take very seriously when I shouldn't, others I don't take seriously when I should, and everything in between.

Sometimes it's hard to know if people on the internet are being serious or not, so in order to avoid self-jimmy rustling, I try to assume nobody really means what they say. This way, I'm not flyng off the handle, only to receive moments later a "bwahaha, I got you all triggered, hurdy-hurr!"

After a while posting with the same person you can get a better sense, maybe, of how much they are BSing.
omgzeezus please cease and desist phaggging up my computifier skreenz?!?!?!

I heart you doofus

Oh, I have an even bigger collection of Camus. The Plague, the Stranger, the Myth of Sisyphus, etc. Definitely more digestible than Sartre or Nietzsche (except for his aphorisms).

The only Kierkegaard I ever tried to read was his "political writings" and I was so dang lost. He basically made me give up on philosophy
I read The Stranger last year and enjoyed it. Currently about halfway through Pynchon's Mason & Dixon, which I've been slacking on lately... I need to finish that book soon.

You reading anything good?