Kevin Steele Out At Alabama

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
Reports are he is retiring.

This means that (assuming he doesn't retire) Saban is going to be looking for another DC. Steele wasn't the best DC in the country but he was quality and will be difficult to replace.

There are a lot of open DC jobs around the country right now (including Auburn as of this morning).

Bama needs to find someone looking for a home for a while. I am hoping we will be looking for a new DC and OC during this off season, but then that is just my personal shopping list.

I heard New England's HC might be looking for a new home

Bama needs to find someone looking for a home for a while. I am hoping we will be looking for a new DC and OC during this off season, but then that is just my personal shopping list.
I don't think you will be looking for a new OC. Everyone is pissed about the play calling in the Michigan game but if the center makes the correct snaps and Milroe follows his blocker then he scores and you win. It wasn't as much the play call as the execution.

'Retired'

Yeah, Ok
He is 66 and made millions from Auburn and Tennesee the last 2 years over and above his regular salary and he now has enough years to be vested in the Alabama retirement system. I think this maybe real.

Reports are he is retiring.

This means that (assuming he doesn't retire) Saban is going to be looking for another DC. Steele wasn't the best DC in the country but he was quality and will be difficult to replace.

There are a lot of open DC jobs around the country right now (including Auburn as of this morning).
Jesse Minter is who I would go after if I was Saban! I was already impressed with him prior to the Rose Bowl. JM might want to look for another challenge, especially if Harbaugh goes back to the NFL.

T-Rob is getting promoted. He was basically DC this year according to some. He is a Barner but we have converted him.

Steele did a great job this year. The defense was much better and unlike Golding able to get stops when they needed it…..except against Michigan. Sigh.