TV Series Kingdom (South Korea)

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
This excellent Netflix series based on the South Korean 4 issue manga comic series is under the radar. Kingdom is similar to Game of Thrones in that it is a drama focusing on a political power struggle for control of the throne of a kingdom while a significant Undead threat rises. Don't confuse this with the American martial arts Netflix drama series of the same name.

Kingdom is one of the best zombie genre productions I've ever seen. It puts The Walking Dead to shame. Kingdom takes place several hundred years ago sometime during the 500 year Joseon Dynasty (pre-Korea). Season One was released January 2019 (6 episodes), and Season Two was released March 2020 (also 6 episodes). Kingdom has been renewed for Season 3 but production will be delayed due to the Covid 19 pandemic.

My guess as to why this superb series is under the radar is probably due to it being a South Korean language production, and many Americans are lazy and reluctant to watch subtitled movies and series.

This is a top-notch series, and if you are a fan of such productions as Game of Thrones and/or the zombie genre, then you will probably really like this. Kingdom has become one of my favorite drama series of the previous decade (along with Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Handmaid's Tale, Vikings, The Expanse, The Boys, Killing Eve). Give it a try, you will probably become hooked as I am.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Me