Let’s Play Barn Finds

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 28,020.00
An idea....Facebook has been throwing me articles from this site more and more lately. And I’m finding it very interesting. Here is the site if you want to get a feel: www.barnfinds.com.

Basically the site highlights classic cars ( either rebuilt, in need of rebuilding or those rare low mile survivors) that have been put up for sale or auction online. There is usually some good info on the car and its state, as well as history on the cars.

It often ends up in the comments as a debate on whether the asking price makes sense in this case. Would you buy it and drive it if you could? So I will try to remember to pop some in here from time to time and see how it goes.

To start it off here is an original survivor with minimal work done. And it’s a very unique and (IMO) gorgeous car. I would totally drive this beauty.

Here’s one that might whet appetites more.

I’ve always loved the early 70s Torino’s. Dad had a 74 sedan when I was very little. But I can still remember it and thinking it was bad ass.

I’ll try one more.

I always like the late 60s El Dorados.

I fucking hate this game. I'm always annoyed when I watch these people pull amazing cars out of barns.

I've got a 94 Beretta in the barn. Battery is dead, tires are bald and flat. The ceiling is held up with a couple dozens straight pins.

And for the right price...

I've got a 94 Beretta in the barn. Battery is dead, tires are bald and flat. The ceiling is held up with a couple dozens straight pins.

And for the right price...
Lmao. Yeah.....that’s not finding a write up on this site. But hold tight....the market for Berettas might come on any day now.

I fucking hate this game. I'm always annoyed when I watch these people pull amazing cars out of barns.
It’s been an interesting site. Called barn finds, but they all aren’t found in barns. Sometimes they are just unique and compelling survivors....or even rebuilds that are interesting.

When they are barn finds it’s really interesting. Also fun when the seller is full of it. Was one last week where the guy got the car in OR and took it back to WA and never bothered to transfer title. Really cool car....but I wouldn’t touch that mess with a long pole.

Here’s an example of a seller that cracks me up. He’s flipping this flopper. It clearly has water damage and likely flooding damage inside. And to top that off he takes it off the trailer at home and rolls it into a tree. Lmao.

I've been getting notifications from barn finds for a while now. Some cool stuff is featured and some scrap metal also gets featured.

Lincoln GIF by NBC

Those barn finds that actually turn out to be worth something are rare. Know a guy that had some 40’s model Packard that was kept in an old chicken house along with a Metropolitan Nash. Both were rust buckets and Bob Johnson(the guy that buys nearly every car at Barrett Jackson auctions) told him they were basically scrap metal

Those barn finds that actually turn out to be worth something are rare. Know a guy that had some 40’s model Packard that was kept in an old chicken house along with a Metropolitan Nash. Both were rust buckets and Bob Johnson(the guy that buys nearly every car at Barrett Jackson auctions) told him they were basically scrap metal
It is indeed rare....especially in the aspect that the car is a true original, numbers matching survivor that is really coveted these days.

Still, it can be fun to play the “would I attempt to fix this car up?” Could it make a profit? And also fun to see the occasional follow up that a car sold at an asking price that’s way north of what I would consider for what I see. Suckers are all around.