Luthiery

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
A thread to share and discuss your instrument builds, repairs, and mods.

Nbc GIF by Superstore

Don't even trust myself to adjust my own truss rod.

I had a buddy scallop the neck of my old Fender/Squire telecaster, back in the day. To this day, I have no idea why I let him do that as it didn't do shit to the guitar expect make its resale value worthless. Yngwie Malmsteen was doing it back then so I somehow decided why not give it a go.

This thread is going exactly as planned...

And since it does say repairs in the OP, I have actually taken apart two midi keyboards and a synthesizer. They all had non-responsive keys (likely spilled beer being the culprit). I wasn't keen on doing it to my $1800 (USD) Dave Smith Prophet, but their tech support guy directed my to instructions and a good repair video so I rolled the dice and gave it a try. To my amazement, I had no issues. With this newfound(land) confidence, I then proceeded to tear the housing off of two other boards and fix them as well.

With all the youtube videos out these days, it's a great time to be a DIY'er. Back in the pre-interweb days, it was a spooky proposition to attempt repairs or mods, going in completely cold. At least it was for me.