MacOS Big Sur

Nope. Still on Catalina. Guess I should force an update, how is it so far?

Nope. Still on Catalina. Guess I should force an update, how is it so far?
I'm now recommending you wait. I shut down every night. For some reason, startup used to be so quick, like maybe 20 seconds and now the first few times it's been a couple of minutes and doesn't seem to be getting better.

I literally can't get Finder to load. Get the spinning wheel for about five seconds every time, nothing more. Never loads.

This is my second day of running it and the fan is on constantly and startup for applications is 45+ seconds. I feel like I'm a beta tester.

This is my second day of running it and the fan is on constantly and startup for applications is 45+ seconds. I feel like I'm a beta tester.
I hate when my fan kicks on. So loud.

Slowly but surely startup and app starts are getting faster but my advice still is to avoid Big Sur like the plague.

It just looks and feels like a step back to 2014 and that's what so many on twitter are saying, too. The awful startup sound is like Windows Vista-era shit and changing the stunning dynamic Catalina desktop image to the pixelated crap that looks like it came from MS Paint is a complete joke.

Slowly but surely startup and app starts are getting faster but my advice still is to avoid Big Sur like the plague.

It just looks and feels like a step back to 2014 and that's what so many on twitter are saying, too. The awful startup sound is like Windows Vista-era shit and changing the stunning dynamic Catalina desktop image to the pixelated crap that looks like it came from MS Paint is a complete joke.
What year is your laptop? I've had no issues since installing it. I do like that they brought the startup sound back, classic

What year is your laptop? I've had no issues since installing it. I do like that they brought the startup sound back, classic
Thank goodness I didn't install it on the MBP (2018). The fan would have died by now.

It's on my 2019 iMac. I'd say that now things are pretty much normal as far as startup and app start but both do take longer and I hear the fan on constantly.

That said, I'm actually glad I installed it because for about six months now, iCloud sync was stuck. Every folder said "Waiting to upload..." and there was no fix. Apple Support gave up and told me to bring it in, which I can't because I don't live in the US. Big Sur fixed that!

Weird. I have the 16inch 2019 MacBook Pro but have had no issues. I haven't installed on my iMac though so that could be interesting. I might do that today and see what happens

Just updated to Monterrey 12.0.1 and the latest Safari. Thank GOD they fixed the Safari fucking tab colors. So annoyed that I keep closing the wrong tab because they decided to swap the colors of the tabs from what everyone else in the world does. Other than that and over an hour to update, don't see a lot of difference.