Materials help

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
anyone here have any expertise (or knowledge) of UHT ceramics?

I have some questions on zirconium diboride forming.

Zirconium diboride is a strategic material, finding applications as thermal protection system in reentry vehicles, high temperature electrode, thermowell tubes, etc. Solid state reactions require high temperature and thus result in coarse powders which are difficult to sinter. Densification of ZrB2 is extremely difficult due to its refractory nature. Sinter additives help in densification but deteriorate the high temperature properties. In the recent past, various researchers have made attempts to improve the existing methods and also invented new processes for synthesis of pure and fine powders as well as for densification of ZrB2. All the techniques on synthesis and consolidation of ZrB2 are discussed in detail and critically reviewed in this article.

anyone here have any expertise (or knowledge) of UHT ceramics?

I have some questions on zirconium diboride forming.

You making a ceramic bong?

You making a ceramic bong?
no, not QUITE. :dhd: i know of the material, just dont know of anyone who forms it (yet). thats my struggle. its hard to sinter and form, and as you dope, it loses max temp capability.

I don’t know of the egg head stuff....but it sounds like it’s a fine balance with the additives (too little and it doesn’t get density, too much and it loses thermal benefits).

Im sure it’s over all applicability is determined by how thick you need it vs how high temp you need it to shield against.

I’m not helping, just showing interest in it.
Are you building something that’s going to come back home? Actually, wait, does this have to do with the Dragon capsule and the reusability they are working on?

I don’t know of the egg head stuff....but it sounds like it’s a fine balance with the additives (too little and it doesn’t get density, too much and it loses thermal benefits).

Im sure it’s over all applicability is determined by how thick you need it vs how high temp you need it to shield against.

I’m not helping, just showing interest in it.
Are you building something that’s going to come back home? Actually, wait, does this have to do with the Dragon capsule and the reusability they are working on?
it will have broad applications, including that (return sheilds)...but this is for power generation right now. turbines. big market for it if i can get shit to run stable at 4100F.

Yeah Elon Musk encourages his employees to seek out the answers he pays them to find for him, on sports forums where "geniuses" are known to congregate....

Derpa, derp!

Yeah Elon Musk encourages his employees to seek out the answers he pays them to find for him, on sports forums where "geniuses" are known to congregate....

Derpa, derp!
this isnt for elon. its a generic materials question. i know it melts at 3000C but thats powder, not formed. i also dont work for elon.

attempted humble brag threads are the best

Dood, WTF? Quit wasting time with that old trash. Use carbon electrode-grade aerogel.

you keep pushing aerogel. :thumb:i know what it is. it melts at 1200C. i need almost 2x that max heat capacity (approx 4100F/2260C)

Reactions: Me
Maybe you should call a supplier instead of asking a sports chatboard?

Aerogel is only good to 400C.

Maybe you should call a supplier instead of asking a sports chatboard?

Aerogel is only good to 400C.
But how else would we know that he works with materials and rockets and tesla?!?!!

I mean other than 80% of his other posts.

But how else would we know that he works with materials and rockets and tesla?!?!!

I mean other than 80% of his other posts.

In b4 he posts a picture of his goofy looking bald head....

Derpa, derp!
My cuz works for Elon.

He's usually on Tinder I think.

Huge slut. Sells his used condoms to some lady in Vietnam via Amazon.