mavs are trading porzi....

ummmmmm

@fordman84 i have no idea how to feel about this........
I don't like it. We traded an injured and expensive guy for two more expensive guys that combined don't put up the numbers Zingo does. Oh and we gave up a pick.

My only want out of this trade deadline was to get a freaking 1st rounder back for 2023. I don't care if we had to give NYK Brunson to get our own 1st back. Now we are going to be stuck and unable to trade because Knicks have our 2023. Meaning we can't do shit with picks until 2025 at the earliest.

Oh and GREAT job creating that $10M trade exception in the offseason Mark. Really came in handy. So tired of mr "Keep the powder dry". The only trades this org can make are bad ones or overpays. Dirk and Luka are the only two trades we didn't fuck up. Sounds like we will be getting Dragic, so Brunson isn't really needed and if we wanted him so bad we could try in FA to get him.

Porzingis is one of the worst contracts out there (Him and Westbrook). At least the Mavs will have someone who can actually stay healthy and play now.

Porzingis is one of the worst contracts out there (Him and Westbrook). At least the Mavs will have someone who can actually stay healthy and play now.
well we now have two guys who combine to have a worse contract, and longer problem, than had we just sat on porzingis. Same amount of money over the remaining two years Zingo was owed...and then another for good measure. And we PAID for this. :L

Cuban is a dumbass. Dinwiddie is insurance if Brunson leaves, but you'd have to get rid of Dinwiddie to keep Brunson. So stupid.

Cuban is a dumbass. Dinwiddie is insurance if Brunson leaves, but you'd have to get rid of Dinwiddie to keep Brunson. So stupid.
And if Dragic is bought out and signs like everyone expects then there is a real big logjam.

well we now have two guys who combine to have a worse contract, and longer problem, than had we just sat on porzingis. Same amount of money over the remaining two years Zingo was owed...and then another for good measure. And we PAID for this. :facepalm:

At least Dinwiddie might play. Porzingis is made out of glass. You have to pay to get rid of that contract

At least Dinwiddie might play. Porzingis is made out of glass. You have to pay to get rid of that contract
He's been around quite a bit aside from COVID, but he's not reliable. I think the FO got tired of being scared that every time he takes the floor he might break in two. He hasn't really, but that fear was there.

He's been around quite a bit aside from COVID, but he's not reliable. I think the FO got tired of being scared that every time he takes the floor he might break in two. He hasn't really, but that fear was there.
1644640485233.png

Mavs are a much better team since the trade

Mavs are a much better team since the trade
Yup, Dinwiddie has been lights out on the floor with Luka. We are really missing a knock dead sniper, need HardawayJR bad

Didn't realize this until I was watching the Bucks/Wizards game last night.

Thought what the hell????