McGregor

McGregor up next. I don't think there is a a chance he loses. R2 KO is my bet.

Bye Mac.

You were really good once. The best even. Now you're just another palooka. Rich ass palooka.

He could still be really good. He's more interested in paydays. It was foolish to step right back into it after a long layoff against a top contender.

wild part about this fight is that Conor really wanted to fight Poirier. If UFC didn't give him this fight, he was willing to put on an exhibition with Dustin in Dublin.

Yeah I still frequent the UFC forums and play the pick ems set up my other posters over there (trying to get them to come here) and I told them that I wanted to Poirier in this fight, but it is hard picking against McGregor. And that's what this was.... this was Rocky 3 played out in real life, but only time will tell to see if McGregor can finish it up the way Rocky did.

Mostly because the dude has simply not fought lately. His only fight in years was against a war-torn and aging Cerrone. McGregor needs to fight his eye of the tiger if he ever plans on touching gold again.

McGregor is done IMO. I mean I guess in his post fight interview he said he was back, but he's done chasing belts. He's a showman, he is there to generate talk and buys, he was fun for a few years and his showmanship worked because he could back it up with wins. But now if he is going to lose people are going to roll their eyes at all the hype he tries to generate.

Yeah I still frequent the UFC forums and play the pick ems set up my other posters over there (trying to get them to come here) and I told them that I wanted to Poirier in this fight, but it is hard picking against McGregor. And that's what this was.... this was Rocky 3 played out in real life, but only time will tell to see if McGregor can finish it up the way Rocky did.

Mostly because the dude has simply not fought lately. His only fight in years was against a war-torn and aging Cerrone. McGregor needs to fight his eye of the tiger if he ever plans on touching gold again.
the biggest story of last night:

Conor has had three MMA fights in the past four years, while Poirier has nine. Conor has been on the sideline, while Poirier has been grinding and getting better.

In Conor's defense, he tried to get booked for more fights last year, but the UFC wasn't interested. They wanted to save a big Conor fight until the pandemic was over. Conor started to pressure them and even threatened to have an exhibition fight with Poirier for charity. He also posted a conversation he had with Dana on social media, which made Dana lose his shit.

I wouldn't touch the fight. I did double my money with Clandler though. Man ... that guy is ripped.

Chandler has twisted up the rankings and who I was thinking would be fighting for a title. Leaving Khabib out of it, the top contenders are:

Poirier
Gaethje
Olivera
Chandler

Prior to last night, I wasn't even writing Chandler in as a potential in a title bout. And that the next fight at this level would be for the title. Now I think we have to make consideration of Chandler. Poirier may not like fighting two more fights, but I don't see how we don't bracket those four and make one more elimination round before crowning a champ.

Conor has had three MMA fights in the past four years, while Poirier has nine. Conor has been on the sideline, while Poirier has been grinding and getting better.

In Conor's defense, he tried to get booked for more fights last year, but the UFC wasn't interested. They wanted to save a big Conor fight until the pandemic was over. Conor started to pressure them and even threatened to have an exhibition fight with Poirier for charity. He also posted a conversation he had with Dana on social media, which made Dana lose his shit.

It was a hard loss for him last night. I agree with you guys saying it was ring and fight rust. I would like to see him get back at it.

I say have Olivera and Poirier fight for the vacant title and Gaethje/Chandler for the #1 contender spot.

Give McGregor to Hooker, RDA, or Felder and see if he really is done or not.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was telling people. Ring rust is a legit thing, especially when you have only had 1 fight in 2 years.

McGregor is an absolute piece of shit. He's a damn good fighter, but one of the biggest scumbags to ever step foot in the UFC octagon. I watched a replay. Was pretty satisfying to see him get beat down. You have to be pretty shitty for me to hope Nate Diaz beats you(Nate beat McGregor twice IMO, but Diaz got the Shogun Rua-Lyoto Machida I screwjob treatment in the second fight)

McGregor is an absolute piece of shit. He's a damn good fighter, but one of the biggest scumbags to ever step foot in the UFC octagon. I watched a replay. Was pretty satisfying to see him get beat down. You have to be pretty shitty for me to hope Nate Diaz beats you(Nate beat McGregor twice IMO, but Diaz got the Shogun Rua-Lyoto Machida I screwjob treatment in the second fight)
There is no greater judging travesty than the Shogun/Machida fight. Though some are close.

Me and a few guys from work all went to BDubs to watch this event, me being the only real fan. After the fight everyone is getting ready and I said 'wait, I want to see Shogun with the belt' as Shogun wasn't my favorite, but he was up there for me.... then when Buffer revealed the decision, my friends look at me and they said my face was hilarious. I was beyond shocked. No fucking way Machida won that fight. Only good thing was that Shogun got an immediate rematch that he didn't let go to the judges. I still can't believe it now, talk about a joke.

There is no greater judging travesty than the Shogun/Machida fight. Though some are close.

Me and a few guys from work all went to BDubs to watch this event, me being the only real fan. After the fight everyone is getting ready and I said 'wait, I want to see Shogun with the belt' as Shogun wasn't my favorite, but he was up there for me.... then when Buffer revealed the decision, my friends look at me and they said my face was hilarious. I was beyond shocked. No fucking way Machida won that fight. Only good thing was that Shogun got an immediate rematch that he didn't let go to the judges. I still can't believe it now, talk about a joke.
Shogun and Dan Henderson are my all time favorites. I was pissed. When I was a kid, me and my dad would watch UFC when it was new and the only rules were no hair pulling, eye gouging or fish hooking, and then Pride came along, and it was better than UFC has ever been. When Shogun and Henderson got old and started to suck, my interest started to fade. I used to never miss a fight, now I rarely order one.

Shogun and Dan Henderson are my all time favorites. I was pissed. When I was a kid, me and my dad would watch UFC when it was new and the only rules were no hair pulling, eye gouging or fish hooking, and then Pride came along, and it was better than UFC has ever been. When Shogun and Henderson got old and started to suck, my interest started to fade. I used to never miss a fight, now I rarely order one.
My introduction was much like many.... Griffin/Bonnar. From there I was pretty hooked. I had a Blockbuster online account and started renting the dvds of the older events as they weren't offered in the remaining Blockbusters around me. Got caught up. Immediately became a big Tito fan lol. Then I would go to Half Priced Book Store that has a small dvd section (its a store where people drop off dvds, books, etc... almost like a goodwill of sorts) and I found an entire Cage Rage box set and I got to see Anderson Silva. I also got a bunch of PRIDE box sets, but I was never a fan of the PRIDE round system nor the ring. I preferred the 5 minute rnds and a cage. But then I found a local gym and started training in that... ultimately quitting for a girl, sad I know... but I got a thing for women, what can I say lol.

Still own all those box sets. I also bought the first 3 or 4 seasons of TUF. Not sure exactly. I know I have the first 3 for sure though. I also have a bunch of event dvds because back in the day, the UFC had their own pick em and you would have to pick the winner, the round, the type of finish and if you finished in the top 20, you would get sent a box of items. Finishing #1 got you a bigger box and some autographed stuff, but I never finished #1. But I finished inside the top 20 like 3 or 4 times and got the event dvd as well as UFC gloves, shot glasses, coasters, etc... mostly lame stuff but it felt good lol.

My favs were...

Rich Franklin - probably my favorite dude all time, such a class act.
Tito
Anderson Silva
Frankie Edgar
Kenflo

On the cusp:

Shogun
Wandy
Mousasi
Tyson Griffin

Conor is trying to talk his way into a third fight with Poirier with the LW title being on the line this time, lmao

Conor is trying to talk his way into a third fight with Poirier with the LW title being on the line this time, lmao

I cracked up when I read that too. The man's ego is off the charts. The real laugher for me was he's actually favored in a rematch.?. wth?

He's in the losers bracket and can fight his way back up through the losers of the next two fights between the top four that are remaining. And I'm giving him that much of a break because he sells tickets.