Melvin Gordon arrested for DUI

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
may not play sunday.

tenor.gif

Dumb ass, take an Uber. The union picks up the tab.

So he was only cited? Not arrested? I thought that was always an automatic arrest and they take your license until your court appearance?

Does it say under the influence of what? Is there a different designation for under the influence of marijuana cigarettes?

Does it say under the influence of what? Is there a different designation for under the influence of marijuana cigarettes?

One of the stories I saw said his breath had the smell of alcohol

good question.
I honestly don't know if there is a pot breathalyzer. I remember a few years ago hearing one was in the works but nothing since. The "suspicion" of being under the influence seems vague enough it could be pot. Seems like there are plenty of ways to confirm alcohol, unless that is just the police or media covering their rears in an "innocent until proven guilty" sense.

I honestly don't know if there is a pot breathalyzer. I remember a few years ago hearing one was in the works but nothing since. The "suspicion" of being under the influence seems vague enough it could be pot. Seems like there are plenty of ways to confirm alcohol, unless that is just the police or media covering their rears in an "innocent until proven guilty" sense.
there is, its being tested by some states, but its not reliable.

in mass they have "drug recognition experts" they bring in. theres only like 12 in the state. they have to be called in on scene to do their thing for intoxication.

from 2018 (its a thing now, not possibilitry)

But in the absence of a reliable test for marijuana impairment, Carmichael says the panel should explore the possibility of compelling suspected impaired drivers of submitting to a drug recognition expert, which they can currently refuse.

Massachusetts is one of just five states that does not have a “implied consent” law for drug-impaired driving. Drivers in the state, by nature of their license, implicitly consent to submit to a breathalyzer if suspected of drunk driving.

in mass they have "drug recognition experts" they bring in. theres only like 12 in the state. they have to be called in on scene to do their thing for intoxication.

from 2018 (its a thing now, not possibilitry)

But in the absence of a reliable test for marijuana impairment, Carmichael says the panel should explore the possibility of compelling suspected impaired drivers of submitting to a drug recognition expert, which they can currently refuse.

Massachusetts is one of just five states that does not have a “implied consent” law for drug-impaired driving. Drivers in the state, by nature of their license, implicitly consent to submit to a breathalyzer if suspected of drunk driving.
One of the things we keep hearing about here in TX is that now that hemp is legal the number of pot arrests are way down. Turns out people pulled over claim they just have hemp with no THC in it. The police then have to either send it to a lab to be tested or say "screw it" and let em go. 99% of the time they aren't going to send to a lab.

So I keep saying "why not just fucking legalize it already".

Ha...I'm not taking an Uber and leaving my $100k car sitting out for Antifa!

It's the altitude. When Matt Prater got his DUI out there, he had 2 beers! Florida boys can't drink at altitude.

I was in Bellazona Italy once and had a few at a bar at altitude....thought I was gonna die I was so fucked-up.