Memorial Day meal plans?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,167.00
I have two things planned for the weekend, tomorrow I'm making chicken parmesan, with 6 hour simmered marinara sauce and fresh pasta. Monday morning I'm getting up early and smoking a pork butt and making pulled pork. Will (hopefully) post updates on both.

Brats, coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans.

Brats, coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans.
Nothing like a good brat. I'm going camping next week so I am avoiding the typical grilling because I'm going to be overloaded for a week on that lol.

I'm cookin mine for 6 hours AND 30 more minutes!

I stopped smoking a while ago. I mostly vape now. Holy shit though, how big is your friggin pipe!?!

HMPHHHH! I wants my plate filled up, not no up-date!
Fine. I'll make it SEVEN!

Five, ten 15, 20! 25, 30!!! Sing it with me, Dummies!

Speaking of food, I been avoiding it occasionally and my weight is down to 226.2 pounds. I might get svelte one of these days!
but beer is still a thing

@MAIZEandBLUE09 , I was not happy when the Wolverines pasted the Buckeyes last year, however, it was good for the rivalry and when the guy in the loudspeaker introduced Ohio State, the reception from the Big House was absolutely incredible! And that can NOT be denied.

I got my yard work done when I got home from work yesterday, now to concentrate on the cook & the dranking!!!!

I got an 8 pound pork shoulder/boston butt & a whole chicken. Gonna get my rub on the pork sometime this morning, using yellow mustard as a base with Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub. After the rub down I'll wrap the butt in saran wrap & put back in the fridge until ready to cook, probably around 4 hours or so prior to cooking. I'm gonna do spatchcocked chicken, cutting the beast & spreading the whole chicken flat to cook. I'll get the bird on the grill with the butt after the pork cooks for around 6 hours. I'll have all the meat cooked by tonight with baked beans, cole slaw & roasted red potatoes with a buttery garlic sauce. I'm getting it all done today & we will graze on it the rest of the weekend. I'm also gonna do home made Mojito's with all fresh ingredients... I'll make traditional Mojito's with limes & then I also have fresh blueberries, raspberries & black berries to change up the Mojito's to something a little more fruity.

Gonna be a great weekend to eat, drink & swim. Weather is great!!!

Mojito recipe

Holy Voodoo

Last edited:
Spare ribs, bake beans, mash potatoes, beer and some good weather :beer2: