Merry Christmas to everyone......

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Give hugs to those you are close to. You never know how long you have with them in this lifetime. Thank you to all who put my best friend in your prayers. Unfortunately, he has inoperable stage 4 brain cancer, so he has limited time life.

Got to spend the day with him. Helped him get his wife a nice christmas present and surprised him with the jersey he told me in the past he wished he had (Authentic Charles Woodson UM).

Also took him to get a couple presents for his kids, that he and his wife weren't going to be able to splurge on, with the medical bills piling up. Wanted to try and make this a great christmas for his kids. His 10 and 13 year old don't know yet he has 6 months to a year to live.

Been a rough couple weeks -- probably won't be posting as much on the site, but hope you all have a great holiday and stay safe out there.

Give hugs to those you are close to. You never know how long you have with them in this lifetime. Thank you to all who put my best friend in your prayers. Unfortunately, he has inoperable stage 4 brain cancer, so he has limited time life.

Got to spend the day with him. Helped him get his wife a nice christmas present and surprised him with the jersey he told me in the past he wished he had (Authentic Charles Woodson UM).

Also took him to get a couple presents for his kids, that he and his wife weren't going to be able to splurge on, with the medical bills piling up. Wanted to try and make this a great christmas for his kids. His 10 and 13 year old don't know yet he has 6 months to a year to live.

Been a rough couple weeks -- probably won't be posting as much on the site, but hope you all have a great holiday and stay safe out there.
Stay strong, brother. Your priorities are right and that matters.

Wow what a horrible story.......

Cancer ,bah humbug.

His family will remember you rest of their lives......nice thing you did for them.
Ya it probably best kuds dont know yet being Chridtmas would be ruined for them.....
Let them enjoy a last Xmas with Dad.....

Wish their family and yours a Merry Christmas....

Thanks for sharing and I am sorry the news isn’t better. We’ll continue to pray for him regardless of the outcome.

I am glad you were able to help him create memories with his family.

Silly little sports rivalries aside, you're good people, newphone, I'm glad your friend has you in his life. Merry Christmas to you, your friend and both your entire families. I will certainly keep you all in my prayers, may you all be blessed

Wow! Someday when you get to the Pearly Gates and St Peter sees your name listed in the Book of Life and it is written in large bold text, italicized, gold colored and underlined he is going to say "What are you standing around here for? Hurry up and get inside; everyone's waiting for you."

Feliz navidad, dunces.
Peace. Fellowship. Joy.

Merry Christmas everyone! Praying for your friend. My wife starts her 3rd chemo treatment next week. It's kicked her ass. Not the best of holidays but thankful she is still here.

Merry Christmas everyone, I’m kinda going through the same process. my sister that lives across the street from me, has stopped all Treatment is just striving to make it through January so the rest of her family can make it out to see her. I’m really praying she can make it to February.

Merry Christmas to the greatest bunch of guys, fans, and message board experts out there. Hate to hear all the trials a lot of folks are going through. I have been there in a kinda sorta way. I stayed home and went to college locally to help care for my grandma when she had cancer. My mom didn't even make it to 60 due to cancer (they were both smokers though). My dad killed in an auto accident didn't make.it to 40. All I have left is my step grandfather. He is one amazing person. I will be thinking and wishing for the best for all these folks mentioned above.

You did great and will do great.

I constantly use the line from the character Meyer Wolfsheim in the novel The Great Gatsby. Fitzgerald used a seedy character to show wisdom. Meyer said “Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.”

Thanks for the timing of this. You gave me a goid Christmas gift in the form of a reminder. I need to practice what I preach, get my butt in the car and go see two of my old buddies who are struggling right now.

That’s rough. Hope his time left is as comfortable and peaceful as possible

Stay strong brother. It's hard to put on a happy face when such sorrow is on the same road you are. You're making a huge difference and one that will always be remembered. Merry Christmas to you.

Back