Moral dillema of where Artificial Intelligence is leading us

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 774.00
Huge benefits in almost every area of life.

But what happens when it becomes HAL9000 and stops obeying us? "I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Someone very smart recently said the end of mankind will come when we give AI control of nukes.

Bought an Echo Show 5 to use as a smart alarm clock.

Worked well for a bit, until that cunt Alexa decided to change my alarm time from 6AM as I asked, to 7:12 AM for some fucking reason. Punted that bitch out of my house the next day.

(muh new Google Hub's been waking me up proper ever since. Thanks AI!)

It's happening, so we may as well accept it. I bow to you, HAL9000.

AI will leave us bored, irrelevant, angry and clamoring for attention. Humans are the sum of their challenges and the only one relevant to AI will be killing it with fire.

AI will leave us bored, irrelevant, angry and clamoring for attention. Humans are the sum of their challenges and the only one relevant to AI will be killing it with fire.
Did you see the Indian guy on Rogan talking about it? He says the exact opposite. Says it'll usher in the golden age of humanity; basically life will be bliss. we'll all do grand and creative things 24/7.

Did you see the Indian guy on Rogan talking about it? He says the exact opposite. Says it'll usher in the golden age of humanity; basically life will be bliss. we'll all do grand and creative things 24/7.
I saw an excerpt and wondered about it. Perhaps, I saw too many of those old Star Trek episodes when Kirk and Spock got into trouble on some nirvana planet.

People love to compete, get into the nitty gritty...beat each other at everything. To say we'll all be fat and happy seems to belie who we really are. There's a reason you remember your toughest times as being the happiest. Humans need to struggle. In fact, we thrive on hardship.

1598559458673.png

I saw an excerpt and wondered about it. Perhaps, I saw too many of those old Star Trek episodes when Kirk and Spock got into trouble on some nirvana planet.

People love to compete, get into the nitty gritty...beat each other at everything. To say we'll all be fat and happy seems to belie who we really are. There's a reason you remember your toughest times as being the happiest. Humans need to struggle. In fact, we thrive on hardship.

View attachment 1322
That boy should have laid off the coke.

View attachment 1322

This was the base theme to the Robot Novels by Asimov. In a robot society, will man lose his humanity.

This was the base theme to the Robot Novels by Asimov. In a robot society, will man lose his humanity.
Wall-E illustrates this point, as well.

Huge benefits in almost every area of life.

But what happens when it becomes HAL9000 and stops obeying us? "I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Someone very smart recently said the end of mankind will come when we give AI control of nukes.

Here is a little Philosophy from Ultron!!!

Ever hang-out with some Mexican landscapers or roofers? I have. They're happier than any of the rich fuckers I know, including me. However, I don't know why.

Ever hang-out with some Mexican landscapers or roofers? I have. They're happier than any of the rich fuckers I know, including me. However, I don't know why.
Because they don't live in Mexico anymore :thumb: