GAME Navy @ Tulane now on ABC

Oh yea AF all the way if she gets in any branch, if i could have the life i have now and go back and just change that one thing i would have gone AF instead of USMC
Bro I learned the HARD WAY.. We were doing CAX exercises in 29 STUMPS.. So we were out there living in half shelters, dry shaving in the mornings, eating MREs, etc.. We see these trucks pull up with civilian workers putting up these makeshift tents.. huge tents.. we go out do our patrols.. We return and what do you know, they have set up showers and had a company come out with hot meal service. We were like who's that for? Gunny told us that's how the fancy flyboys (and girls) rolled. At that moment I knew I made the wrong choice in branches... especially since I scored an high enough ASVAB score to have enlisted there as well..smh.

Bro I learned the HARD WAY.. We were doing CAX exercises in 29 STUMPS.. So we were out there living in half shelters, dry shaving in the mornings, eating MREs, etc.. We see these trucks pull up with civilian workers putting up these makeshift tents.. huge tents.. we go out do our patrols.. We return and what do you know, they have set up showers and had a company come out with hot meal service. We were like who's that for? Gunny told us that's how the fancy flyboys (and girls) rolled. At that moment I knew I made the wrong choice in branches... especially since I scored an high enough ASVAB score to have enlisted there as well..smh.
Exactly!! USMC gets all the used hand me downs and does with less it is just how its been. Same when it comes to scores etc, i remember my mom asking me "why the marine corps" i said because it is the hardest and people wont question it or some shit like that.... 20/20 hindsight though right. I warned my BIL about the big green weenie when he changed from Army to USMC i was like dude dont do it you will regret it..... lol you dont have to take too big of a leap to know how he feels about it now. I watch my wifes unit half ass everything (id say 50% of her unit doesnt pass their APFT) insanely different.

I went to an Army school at Goodfellow AFB (aka, "Ft. Goodfellow") in San Angelo in the Summer. The Zoomies had central air conditioned condos, and we were living in old barracks with window units that may or may not have worked. On the hottest day of my life (112 F in San Angelo), they called off PT for the Air Force units and some kind of modified uniform (t-shirt, etc.), but my Army Sgt. was like, AFTER PT, when you fall out, you can untie and roll up your pants to your ankles and roll up your shirt sleeves! lol. It was hotter than a 3 peckered billy goat that day! It was still soft-core compared to the USMC, but those Air Force guys had it made! Same here, I could have joined the Air Force, but NO, I had to join the Army to be like my dad. lol. Oh well, has served me well in life and helped put me through school at Iowa State on the GI Bill! So, no complaints and some good stories. :)

Exactly!! USMC gets all the used hand me downs and does with less it is just how its been. Same when it comes to scores etc, i remember my mom asking me "why the marine corps" i said because it is the hardest and people wont question it or some shit like that.... 20/20 hindsight though right. I warned my BIL about the big green weenie when he changed from Army to USMC i was like dude dont do it you will regret it..... lol you dont have to take too big of a leap to know how he feels about it now. I watch my wifes unit half ass everything (id say 50% of her unit doesnt pass their APFT) insanely different.
We had a ex former Army soldier in my platoon at MCRD San Diego.. even though he was 22 and had done 4 years with the Army he was doing Basic like the rest of us fresh out of high school. Only reason I went into the Marines was because the recruiter found me when he was calling random phone numbers. My mom wouldn't get off my back asking me what I was going to do with my life after I graduated HS. I had no intentions of going to college, I just wanted to party, do my thing and work. So to appease her I enrolled in the early enlisted program.. time went by, I graduated high school and the next thing I knew,I had orders for Basic like a month later..

But I lucked out man.. I went open contract because I didn't know what I wanted to do. They told me I could choose after basic (lie). I was rolled out as a Grunt.. did SOI in Pendleton.. Soon as i completed it I was sent off to Security Forces in VA. Completed the course, figured I was heading to FAST co in Yorktown or Norfolk or maybe with some luck I could get that extra money in Bahrain. Instead the operations Staff Sergeant liked me since he too was from Austin. Asked me to stick around and help him with the course. Told me no more squad bays or checking in with Platoon leaders. I said yes, got my own room (navy barracks). Did the Admin course in Camp Lejeune, came back, helped with CQB, range, and hand to hand.

Also a positive in the Marines is, if you are hot shit, you can get promoted fast. Don't have to take stupid tests like the Navy did. I got meritorious promoted to CPL within a month of coming back from Lejeune. It wasn't all that bad bro.

**But my daughters will never go into the military.. forcing them to college lol**

I went to an Army school at Goodfellow AFB (aka, "Ft. Goodfellow") in San Angelo in the Summer. The Zoomies had central air conditioned condos, and we were living in old barracks with window units that may or may not have worked. On the hottest day of my life (112 F in San Angelo), they called off PT for the Air Force units and some kind of modified uniform (t-shirt, etc.), but my Army Sgt. was like, AFTER PT, when you fall out, you can untie and roll up your pants to your ankles and roll up your shirt sleeves! lol. It was hotter than a 3 peckered billy goat that day! It was still soft-core compared to the USMC, but those Air Force guys had it made! Same here, I could have joined the Air Force, but NO, I had to join the Army to be like my dad. lol. Oh well, has served me well in life and helped put me through school at Iowa State on the GI Bill! So, no complaints and some good stories. :)
those guys had it made but we would talk shit to them pretty badly, hoping one would take it the wrong way.. But they knew better than us rocks lol..

We had a ex former Army soldier in my platoon at MCRD San Diego.. even though he was 22 and had done 4 years with the Army he was doing Basic like the rest of us fresh out of high school. Only reason I went into the Marines was because the recruiter found me when he was calling random phone numbers. My mom wouldn't get off my back asking me what I was going to do with my life after I graduated HS. I had no intentions of going to college, I just wanted to party, do my thing and work. So to appease her I enrolled in the early enlisted program.. time went by, I graduated high school and the next thing I knew,I had orders for Basic like a month later..

But I lucked out man.. I went open contract because I didn't know what I wanted to do. They told me I could choose after basic (lie). I was rolled out as a Grunt.. did SOI in Pendleton.. Soon as i completed it I was sent off to Security Forces in VA. Completed the course, figured I was heading to FAST co in Yorktown or Norfolk or maybe with some luck I could get that extra money in Bahrain. Instead the operations Staff Sergeant liked me since he too was from Austin. Asked me to stick around and help him with the course. Told me no more squad bays or checking in with Platoon leaders. I said yes, got my own room (navy barracks). Did the Admin course in Camp Lejeune, came back, helped with CQB, range, and hand to hand.

Also a positive in the Marines is, if you are hot shit, you can get promoted fast. Don't have to take stupid tests like the Navy did. I got meritorious promoted to CPL within a month of coming back from Lejeune. It wasn't all that bad bro.

**But my daughters will never go into the military.. forcing them to college lol**
Yea that is basically what happened to my BIL i told him to sign the contract i told him if he doesnt sign the contract he will get the big green weenie (he didnt get 0311 but he got made into a mos he absolutely didnt want and under command that hated him, he has now changed because his mos got deleted and has been stuck on guam since march doing busy work and whatever they tell him basically a 9979 at this point lmao)

I really dont want any of mine to go into the military so hoping to not make the same mistakes my mother did with me (very much like yours riding ass to figure out life)

Back to the game. Totally annoying when coaches do stupid stuff like Tulane going deep on 4th and 3 on the fringe of FG range. Run a good high percentage play, get the first down, run down the clock, kick the FG and go to 2-0! I never have understood when coaches bring a go for it all mentality to a first down possession situation in a game. There is a time to take a shot and a time to pick up the GD first down! As Lee Corso would say, FIRST GUESS!