NBA 2k23?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Is NBA 2k23 worth it? I think the last NBA game I played was 2k19 or 2k20...But now that I have the Xbox series x I am wanting to get more sport games. The problem I have with these games, just as I tried with the Madden demo is, besides the incredible graphic change, the gameplay, commentary, and presentation is basically all the same as it was 3-4 years ago. Add to this I have not followed the NBA the last couple of seasons.

But is NBA 2k23 good? I mainly play for franchise mode.

My son is playing the hell out of it, but he didn't have any of the previous ones so can't tell you how it matches up. I've watched him play a little and it's interesting you can play the 1v1 with former stars in their college days. May not be new, but cool.

I haven't been into any video game basketball since NBA Live for the PS1. That said, Playstation Plus had 2K21 or 2K22 (can't remember which at the moment) downloadable for free one month for PS Plus members, so I tried it out. One thing I loathe in sports video games is canned animations in standard gameplay and that's all 2K is... you have to learn how to manipulate the canned moves in proper sequences to do pretty much anything... it was like playing Tekken with a basketball in your hands. Personally, I hated everything about the gameplay and can't relate to anyone who likes the 2K basketball franchise.

...This is me just expressing my opinion about how cheap and shitty the root game mechanics are. If you dig them; have fun!

Well I got bored and bought it. Graphics are great, gameplay essentially the same. Usually buy these things for franchise mode, but unsure if I have the desire to actually play a season. Game doesn't really excite me, but it's a decent play.

when you have the opportunity to dunk on LeBron James, you just gotta do it

and that is a fact, brothers