NBA is a bad product

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Admittedly I lost a lot of interest in the NBA when their season shut down in 2020, as I stopped following and the The Bubble was so dumb and the environment made me feel like I was watching a summer league basketball at a local YMCA. I didn't follow it much last year, had no interest because there were no fans. This year though with the fans back, and it gives an opportunity to bet on games, I have decided to try watching it. Unfortunately it's unwatchable. It is bad basketball. Like worse than the AAU style game play in the early 2010's.

Add in, so many players load management their minutes now you could be watching a game full of backups. Which tells me, if players are load managing minutes, they don't care about that game, so why should I? And if they are able to not care for about 20 games a season, then that tells me the seasons is too long and most of the regular season games are meaningless.

It's just bad right now. I really have given it a solid try numerous times, each time hoping it'll be better and I'll be remembered why I like the game of basketball, but it doesn't get better. An even worse product is college basketball. Holy crap that is bad too! The NBA needs some good rivalries or storylines to start taking place because otherwise I just don't know what the league will look like in 5 years. And if their talks of having random mid-season tournaments is their solution, I think that is wrong, just go with less games so players play in all the games and each game is meaningful.