GAME NCAA Men's and Women's Secondary Tournaments Thread

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
The men have the NIT, CBI, and Basketball Classic (formerly the CIT) still to be announced.

The women have the WNIT and WBI still to be announced.

Regular Season Champions who didn't get picked for the NCAA are automatic bids for the NIT.

The NIT is 32 teams. The Semifinals and Final as usual will be at Madison Square Garden.

NIT Dayton Quadrant

1 Dayton vs Toledo
4 Vanderbilt vs Belmont
3 Florida vs Iona
2 Xavier vs Cleveland State

NIT Oklahoma Quadrant

1 Oklahoma vs Missouri State
4 Colorado vs St. Bonaventure
3 Mississippi State vs Virginia
2 North Texas vs Texas State

Virginia could win this whole thing or get bounced in the 1st Round by Mississippi State. There's no telling with the Cavaliers.

NIT SMU Quadrant

1 SMU vs Nicholls
4 Washington State vs Santa Clara
3 St. Louis vs Northern Iowa
2 BYU vs Long Beach State

NIT Texas A&M Quadrant

1 Texas A&M vs Alcorn State
4 Utah State vs Oregon
3 VCU vs Princeton
2 Wake Forest vs Towson

Towson get ready to get FUCKED UP

you Maryland punks

I can see Texas A&M winning the NIT.

The WNIT has their 64 teams selected, but will announce the bracket tomorrow at 2pm ET on their Twitter account.

Towson get ready to get FUCKED UP

you Maryland punks

I think Wake Forest was expecting a First Four bid, but now they get to take their anger out on Towson and the winner of Princeton at VCU.

The CBI has been announced with an altered format. In previous years, it was an 8 team tournament with the Finals being Best of 3. This year, they're going with 16 teams and it's all single elimination, including the Final Round. The tournament will be held at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach. The 1st Round and Quarterfinals will be on the FloHoops site while ESPN2 will carry the rest of the tournament.

CBI

1 Drake vs 16 Purdue Ft. Wayne
8 VMI vs 9 UNC Wilmington
4 Stephen F. Austin vs 13 UNC Asheville
5 FAU vs 12 Northern Colorado
2 MTSU vs 15 CBU
7 UNC Greensboro vs 10 Boston U
3 Ohio vs 14 Rice
6 ACU vs 11 Troy

The WBI (Women's Basketball Invitational) uses the Maui Invitational format for its 3 day extravaganza, which will be in Lexington, KY this year. Basically, all 8 teams will play 3 games, win or lose, with the teams winning their first 2 games meeting up for the title.

WBI

Bowling Green vs Furman
St. Mary's vs Austin Peay
Davidson vs Nevada
Cleveland State vs Northeastern

College Insider may not be announcing the field for their Basketball Classic until it's supposed to start.

The CBI has been announced with an altered format. In previous years, it was an 8 team tournament with the Finals being Best of 3. This year, they're going with 16 teams and it's all single elimination, including the Final Round. The tournament will be held at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach. The 1st Round and Quarterfinals will be on the FloHoops site while ESPN2 will carry the rest of the tournament.

CBI

1 Drake vs 16 Purdue Ft. Wayne
8 VMI vs 9 UNC Wilmington
4 Stephen F. Austin vs 13 UNC Asheville
5 FAU vs 12 Northern Colorado
2 MTSU vs 15 CBU
7 UNC Greensboro vs 10 Boston U
3 Ohio vs 14 Rice
6 ACU vs 11 Troy
Go Drake!

Prior to their MVC Semifinal loss to Loyola-Chi (MVC Champions and NCAA Tournament team), the Bulldogs had a 7 game win streak.
They are very good with 2 wins over MVC Tournament Champion Loyola (home and away), a win over A-10 Tournament Champion Richmond (@ Drake) and a win over MVC Regular Season Champion @ UNI. They start 4 seniors and a freshman, and the freshman was the freshman of the year in the MVC. Bummer they were snubbed by the N.I.T., but I am glad they at least get to continue to play in the C.B.I.

The Basketball Classic has finally posted their tournament. They use the NIT's old model of "We'll figure out each round as we go."

BC 1st Round

USC Upstate at Appalachian State
Western Illinois at UTEP
UMES at Coastal Carolina
Morgan State at Youngstown State
SLU at South Alabama
Detroit Mercy at FGCU
Merrimack at UMBC
Kent State at Southern Utah
Eastern Washington at Fresno State
New Orleans at Portland
Wofford [bye]

The 64 team field for the WNIT's 1st Round.

Long Beach State at Oregon State
Colorado State at Portland
San Diego at CBU
GCU at New Mexico
Idaho State at Wyoming
Tulsa at North Texas
Air Force at San Francisco
UC Irvine at UCLA

Ohio at South Dakota State
Minnesota at Green Bay
Drake at Missouri
Kansas City at Northern Iowa
Alabama at Troy
Jacksonville State at Tulane
Houston at Louisiana Tech
Tennessee Tech at SMU

Maine at Boston College
Quinnipiac at Rhode Island
Old Dominion at Towson
Holy Cross at Columbia
FDU at Seton Hall
Stony Brook at VCU
Norfolk State at Drexel
Bucknell at Fordham

Ball State at Marquette
Southern Illinois at Purdue
HBU at Toledo
Kent State at Youngstown State
Akron at Wake Forest
Wofford at MTSU
Murray State at Vanderbilt
Campbell at Liberty

i'm going to the Wake/Towson game on Wednesday night, but i'm getting to a point where i would have preferred it if Wake just sucked this year. This whole going 23-9 thing and still missing out on the NCAAT is making me not very excited for the NCAAT.

Wake is definitely better than some of the teams that made it in as an at-large, but they just didn't have the resume b/c of their poor OOC (which is just bad luck b/c the schedule was finalized when Forbes only had 4 scholarship players) and a historical down year for the ACC.

Back