New job

Hey Dole, someone put a copy of The Communist Manifesto in lost and found. Is it your's or Yoga's?
If it's covered in homoerotic drawings of that O'Bozo fella from Chicago written in crayon it probably belongs to @Dole ver 2.0, if it's covered in man jizz and the pages are all stuck together it belongs to @Yoga≈Surfing.

I worked a union job (logging) for 8 years and as a whole, it was easily the most right wing industry I've ever worked in. In fact, apart from myself and maybe one or two others, the entire 100 man camp leaned right.
Seems odd that a Canadian industry that is heavily subsidized by your government would lean right.

Seems odd that a Canadian industry that is heavily subsidized by your government would lean right.

I don't remember it being subsidized by the government at all, then again, I started in 1981 and ended in '88. The people who leaned left back then were the ones doing the treeplanting; the loggers leaned right. In fact, the BC Conservatives dominated this riding (federally) until into the 90's IIRC.

So Covid19 hit, got laid off. Did some searching and lucked out with a better job. Immediatly got a 10k raise annualy, benefits are second to none. It's a union job. Never thought I'd join a union but man do they take care of their members. Got my health plan info in the mail yesterday and Wow! I'm like freaking pumped and had to share. It's 0 cost to me, $100 deductable, 1k out of pocket max. Family covered too with $200 deductable and 2k out of pocket max. Did I mention its 0 payroll cost. Holy crap. God is great!

Congrats on the job......Been Union for 40 years and Local 11 is going very strong.....

There are other benefits that we get that you may wanna checj on,such college tuition,my Union donated to my daughter for her stay......
Theres an annuoty that I get when I retire upon the the two checks Ill be recieving every month.....
Plus more......

Union,the only way to go......

Everyone hates unions until they’re represented and realize they’re still needed.

Did not realize sex workers had unionized and offered health care plans.

2020 keeps getting weirder

Reactions: Me
6fuze.jpg

The girls in Berkeley had never heard anything like it before, huh?

Not with my intense enthusiasm.

"Before we go to the protest, why don't you come to my room?"