new Thunder HC

CmjWKwhVYAA2XUo.jpg

I'll never really understand when assistant head coaches are promoted when their predecessor who hired them got fired.

Have there been any successful coaching transitions this way? Only team I can think of in recent history is Ty Lue, but he also had Lebron, so there's that.

Im just glad its not a retread. Too many of those. He's 35 years old and not washed up. Thunder have a shit load of picks so building for the future.

Im just glad its not a retread. Too many of those. He's 35 years old and not washed up. Thunder have a shit load of picks so building for the future.

Hire a young coach, give him a young team and let them all grow up together. That seems a lot smarter than sticking with what they had which will always get them to the playoffs. But was very unlikely to get them to the finals.

I'll never really understand when assistant head coaches are promoted when their predecessor who hired them got fired.

Have there been any successful coaching transitions this way? Only team I can think of in recent history is Ty Lue, but he also had Lebron, so there's that.

Pat Riley replaced Paul Westhead when he got fired. I hear he had a little bit of success.

Luke Walton had a better winning percentage than his predecessor when he took over for Steve Kerr. :heh: