NHL pulls a level 500 NHL move with their next jersey manufacturing deal

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
Fanatics, the company who makes worse jerseys than chinese knockoffs will be making the official jerseys of the NHL for an entire fucking decade. I'm guessing there wasn't rev share as part of this deal, no one is going to be buying their shit.

Fanatics, the company who makes worse jerseys than chinese knockoffs will be making the official jerseys of the NHL for an entire fucking decade. I'm guessing there wasn't rev share as part of this deal, no one is going to be buying their shit.

Just about all the reviews out there say the stuff is absolute junk. I guess the NHL went on the cheap this time. Fans won't buy garbage.

Just about all the reviews out there say the stuff is absolute junk. I guess the NHL went on the cheap this time. Fans won't buy garbage.
It's a joke. The league themselves even notes that Fanatics reputation is trash.

NHL EVP/Marketing Brian Jennings acknowledged that fans “might only know Fanatics as a company that makes replica gear rather than game-worn jerseys,” which could “lead to challenges in perception about the league's new authentic jersey maker,” according to Greg Wyshynski of ESPN.com. The NHL today announced a 10-year deal with Fanatics that will see it “replace Adidas as the NHL's outfitter of on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys beginning with the 2024-25 season.” Jennings said, “I understand there may be, initially, some trepidation, but I do have a lot of confidence in the team at Fanatics.

Never fear though the only differences will be "fabrics and materials"...or essentially the most important part of manufacturing clothing...

The specs for the jerseys will be “exactly the same.” Jennings said that while there will be “differences in some of the fabrics and materials,”

This league is so fucking stupid.