Ongoing UFC Thread

The Costa / Adesanya fight was moved to fight island a few weeks ago. In Vegas, the original venue for this fight, they use a 25' ring. In Abu Dhabi, it's a 30' ring.

That should be an advantage for Adesanya who has been known to even run away to get out of a flurry of punches. It will be harder to for costa to cut him off.

The fight is this weekend and it will be one for the ages.

This guy's a nutcase. I can't wait.

At a Thursday pre-fight press conference for UFC 253, UFC President Dana White confirmed Chimaev will headline a UFC fight card sometime after the promotion returns to Las Vegas late next month. The five-round fight will come against a ranked opponent, though White did not give a name.

Just hours before the presser, Chimaev tweeted the search for an opponent is on for a headlining bout. He thanked White for the opportunity.

Following an eye-popping 17-second knockout of Gerald Meerschaert at UFC Vegas 11, the UFC president considered booking Chimaev on Fight Island. Although initially penciled in for a welterweight bout against two-time title challenger Demian Maia, Chimaev’s options included another fight before Maia, White said.

Ha ! He's calling out Conor McGregor ... Proper.

t-official Conor McGregor has become a big f'n pussy post. He can go get fooked.

This guy's a nutcase. I can't wait.

At a Thursday pre-fight press conference for UFC 253, UFC President Dana White confirmed Chimaev will headline a UFC fight card sometime after the promotion returns to Las Vegas late next month. The five-round fight will come against a ranked opponent, though White did not give a name.

Just hours before the presser, Chimaev tweeted the search for an opponent is on for a headlining bout. He thanked White for the opportunity.

Following an eye-popping 17-second knockout of Gerald Meerschaert at UFC Vegas 11, the UFC president considered booking Chimaev on Fight Island. Although initially penciled in for a welterweight bout against two-time title challenger Demian Maia, Chimaev’s options included another fight before Maia, White said.

Ha ! He's calling out Conor McGregor ... Proper.

Maia is way past prime. But it's a fight for the UFC to try to push Khamzat up the rankings as soon as possible given Maia's ranking. But to be honest there are so many other better/more interesting fights for him for a real true test.

Welterweight
Neil Magny
Vincente Luque
Geoff Neal

Middleweight
Edmen Shahbazyan
Kelvin Gastellum
Chris Weidman

Don't know if folks here watch the Dana White Contender Series, but my sons MMA trainer, Jared Vanderra, won a UFC contract tonight with a 1st round TKO.

Anyone watching this bar fight?

Maia is way past prime. But it's a fight for the UFC to try to push Khamzat up the rankings as soon as possible given Maia's ranking. But to be honest there are so many other better/more interesting fights for him for a real true test.

Welterweight
Neil Magny
Vincente Luque
Geoff Neal

Middleweight
Edmen Shahbazyan
Kelvin Gastellum
Chris Weidman

Man too bad the Leon Edwards fight with Khamzat is now postponed. Stupid Covid.

I didn't think Edwards would take that fight because he should be in line for a title shot. Dude is seriously slept on in that division.

Fun year for UFC. Probably the only sport or anything for that matter that did well in 2020.

Man too bad the Leon Edwards fight with Khamzat is now postponed. Stupid Covid.

I didn't think Edwards would take that fight because he should be in line for a title shot. Dude is seriously slept on in that division.

Kevin Holland isn't playing around either. This would be a great fight. Dana White already said this ain't happening next...but maybe one day soon.

Kevin Holland isn't playing around either. This would be a great fight. Dana White already said this ain't happening next...but maybe one day soon.

Holland has to be up there for fighter of the year.

With all the cuts coming up shortly, I think we'll start to see some lesser known guys become household names that even casuals like myself will recognize. Could be really interesting.

Did anyone peg the Rozenstruik/Gane fight for a decision?

Did anyone peg the Rozenstruik/Gane fight for a decision?

I didn't peg it was going to be the shit fight it was. Most of the night was subpar but that was the worst 5 rounds ever.

The Pedrom Muhnoz and Jimmie Rivera fight was awesome.

That heavyweight main event fight was awful.