tOfficial PAC-12 Thread

And you don't think coaches who will have known they had a 9am game coming up, won't have their players getting up earlier and starting practices, etc, earlier to get the players ready?

Seems like a pretty easy thing to figure out. I'll bet Helton could even figure it out.
Sure, if they have to do it when they they leave the time zone when their body naturally changes. Sure it seems pretty easy but there is a reason no professional sport who has more money on the line does it. Like I have said, I am cool with it because I am a fan and love football, but with 9am starts they can no longer pretend they are not professionals and IMO you are putting the athletes at greater risk to their health than if they had a Covid party.

Sure it seems pretty easy

Yes, the reason is...it is easy.

there is a reason no professional sport who has more money on the line does it.

Yeah, it's called money. The NFL starts their Sunday games at 1:00 because of church. More eyeballs on tv sets after church than during church. That means more money.

I wouldn't want to have a lot of them, but one of the things 9:00am games could help with is exposure for the conference. The conference has complained for years about a lack of exposure because back East, everyone is going to bed when the PAC games are starting.

So when teams are playing 9:00am games here, they will be noon games back East.
IMO you are putting the athletes at greater risk to their health than if they had a Covid party.

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Whether it's 9,10,11 or noon it's about time the Pac starts showing off their teams on the east coast when people are actually awake.

Plenty of PAC games have been while east coasters are awake. There's usually only a couple late games.

Yeah, it's called money. The NFL starts their Sunday games at 1:00 because of church. More eyeballs on tv sets after church than during church. That means more money.

I wouldn't want to have a lot of them, but one of the things 9:00am games could help with is exposure for the conference. The conference has complained for years about a lack of exposure because back East, everyone is going to bed when the PAC games are starting.

You're wasting your time with @wazzu31 . He'll continue to speculate about mystery issues without providing any factual information.

Plenty of PAC games have been while east coasters are awake. There's usually only a couple late games.
True but only see 1 of them per week, wish there could be a couple more on. I hate the pac after dark but watch it if the Huskies are on.

True but only see 1 of them per week, wish there could be a couple more on. I hate the pac after dark but watch it if the Huskies are on.

For this same weekend last year, the latest game was Arizona @ USC, which kicked off at 930pm on the East Coast.

Professional athletes that have nothing going so they prep for 3 day then Thursday rewire their brains, travel to the east for two days then they got an early game. Biologically you are not a peak performance and are at a higher risk of injury. It isn’t remotely easy, you to essentially brainwash the brain for these student athletes.

I get that it is for “exposure” but this whole Covid scare was the reasoning since most of the intellects thing it is a big deal, so they double down on with putting Heath risks with the chance of catching the flu.

Professional athletes that have nothing going so they prep for 3 day then Thursday rewire their brains, travel to the east for two days then they got an early game. Biologically you are not a peak performance and are at a higher risk of injury. It isn’t remotely easy, you to essentially brainwash the brain for these student athletes.

I get that it is for “exposure” but this whole Covid scare was the reasoning since most of the intellects thing it is a big deal, so they double down on with putting Heath risks with the chance of catching the flu.

lol

I'd think after waiting 2 weeks, you could come up with something better than this.

You're going to need to back this up with some actual studies. I've actually had to play football at 9:00 in the morning and I had to drive a half hour to campus to do it. We got to campus a 6. Plenty of time to get ready before a 9:00am game. Our coaches didn't change any practice times either.

There was plenty of time to wake up, get warmed up and be at peak performance. They aren't at a higher risk for injury.

The only ones having a difficult time will be the students who were partying on Friday night and have to be awake before noon if they want to see the game.

Last edited:
lol

I'd think after waiting 2 weeks, you could come up with something better than this.

You're going to need to back this up with some actual studies. I've actually had to play football at 9:00 in the morning and I had to drive a half hour to campus to do it. We got to campus a 6. Plenty of time to get ready before a 9:00am game. Our coaches didn't change any practice times either.

There was plenty of time to wake up, get warmed up and be at peak performance. They aren't at a higher risk for injury.

The only ones having a difficult time will be the students who were partying on Friday night and have to be awake before noon if they want to see the game.
2 weeks? Not sure but I replied the moment I got a notification.

There isn’t any one study I can provide except all professional sports team do not play at that early. NFL teams complained about it until they started going a week early when they were in a different time zone. And with the little prep time the players have had it falls in line with what every doctor recommends to NFL teams and not have their players play even a fraction of the game.

You can say they have time to warm up but every single professional league says you’re wrong and they can make more money if they played earlier in the day.

2 weeks? Not sure but I replied the moment I got a notification.

There isn’t any one study I can provide except all professional sports team do not play at that early. NFL teams complained about it until they started going a week early when they were in a different time zone. And with the little prep time the players have had it falls in line with what every doctor recommends to NFL teams and not have their players play even a fraction of the game.

You can say they have time to warm up but every single professional league says you’re wrong and they can make more money if they played earlier in the day.

The reason you can't find any is because they don't exist because it's a non-factor. These players are often in the weight room lifting at 6am.

No they couldn't make more money if they played earlier in the day. I already explained why. But feel free to continue to be wrong.

Yeah it sucks to have kickoffs at 9:05am local time, but UT does it a lot at 11:05 am local time (even it's biggest game vs ou in that same time slot)

If any funky realignment happens, fans of Pac teams need to realize that they may have to wake up that early to catch their school play a CST or EST opponent.

However when one school begins to really separate itself from the others.. they will be playing more at the 3:30pm EST time slot and in prime time.

Yeah it sucks to have kickoffs at 9:05am local time, but UT does it a lot at 11:05 am local time (even it's biggest game vs ou in that same time slot)

If any funky realignment happens, fans of Pac teams need to realize that they may have to wake up that early to catch their school play a CST or EST opponent.

However when one school begins to really separate itself from the others.. they will be playing more at the 3:30pm EST time slot and in prime time.

I think most people are fine with away games starting at that time. It’s trying to get the stadiums full for a 9 am kickoff that’s the issue

I think most people are fine with away games starting at that time. It’s trying to get the stadiums full for a 9 am kickoff that’s the issue
I haven't been to LA in years.. Traffic is that bad on Sat mornings too?

I haven't been to LA in years.. Traffic is that bad on Sat mornings too?

9 am is just an early start time. Traffic or no traffic. 10 or 11 is early but could be done. I’m not sure how 9 am kickoff can works once the PAC starts allowing fans back in the stadium. Maybe for Utah and CU because it’s 10 am for them

9 am is just an early start time. Traffic or no traffic. 10 or 11 is early but could be done. I’m not sure how 9 am kickoff can works once the PAC starts allowing fans back in the stadium. Maybe for Utah and CU because it’s 10 am for them
yeah that's my thinking, but since Utah and CO aren't expected to do anything.. it's a tough sell to place those games at the noon slot. Unless SC is on a roll along with Oregon.. then people can see them carve up two hapless teams (well just CO). I don't think this is as bad as some make it to be..but I do feel for the fans.. tailgating (once covid is handled) at 6:30 am SUCKS.. Guess the drink of the morning is coffee mixed in with amaretto

yeah that's my thinking, but since Utah and CO aren't expected to do anything.. it's a tough sell to place those games at the noon slot. Unless SC is on a roll along with Oregon.. then people can see them carve up two hapless teams (well just CO). I don't think this is as bad as some make it to be..but I do feel for the fans.. tailgating (once covid is handled) at 6:30 am SUCKS.. Guess the drink of the morning is coffee mixed in with amaretto

Im living on the east coast now so it actually benefits me but it will kill local atmospheres. Utah and CU aren’t big national draws so they won’t be on at Noon EST very much. Some of the pac 12 scheduling issues are commissioner related but others are geographical.

I’m not against pac 12 after dark like some other pac fans are. Ratings are usually pretty good because you have no competition