Padres aggressive in free agency

It isn’t a good look when they offer multiple big name free agents more money, but get turned down.

They offered Trea Turner more than the Phillies did, Turner is in Philly. They offered Judge more than the Yankees did, Judge is in New York

It isn’t a good look when they offer multiple big name free agents more money, but get turned down.

They offered Trea Turner more than the Phillies did, Turner is in Philly. They offered Judge more than the Yankees did, Judge is in New York
You’re just jealous of our recruiting corps. I think they should have done that to Burning Down the House.

You’re just jealous of our recruiting corps. I think they should have done that to Burning Down the House.
We just draft, develop em and get em to sign long term bargain bin deals

Boston missed twice with this. While not huge names but Andrew Heaney and Zack Eflin were badly needed starting pitching for the Red Sox. One took equal money (Heaney to Texas) while the other took less money (Eflin to Tampa). That’s fucking embarrassing.

Boston missed twice with this. While not huge names but Andrew Heaney and Zack Eflin were badly needed starting pitching for the Red Sox. One took equal money (Heaney to Texas) while the other took less money (Eflin to Tampa). That’s fucking embarrassing.

Red Sox could have made their final offer to Bogaerts a few years ago... or even when they signed Story. Instead they lowballed him with 4 years/$90M. Fucking pathetic. This franchise blew it with not locking up Mookie or Lester, and it feels like history may repeat itself with the Devers situation.

I do think Heaney has a lot more upside of the two, though his home run rates scare me. But if he can sustain the strikeout and whiff rates (and he's been pretty good at limiting walks), then the home runs shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think that could end up being one of the biggest bargains of the offseason. Wouldn't have minded Eflin.

Last edited:
Red Sox could have made their final offer to Bogaerts a few years ago... or even when they signed Story. Instead they lowballed him with 4 years/$90M. Fucking pathetic. This franchise blew it with not locking up Mookie or Lester, and it feels like history may repeat itself with the Devers situation.

I do think Heaney has a lot more upside of the two, though his home run rates scare me. But if he can sustain the strikeout and whiff rates (and he's been pretty good at limiting walks), then the home runs shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think that could end up being one of the biggest bargains of the offseason. Wouldn't have minded Eflin.
While I wish they would have tried harder with X, 11 years? There is no way they could strap The club with that. The dudes 30. I was thinking 5 years, 27/28 a year. Anything over 5 years is ridiculous for him imo unless he is giving a discount closer to 20 A year.

The Red Sox badly need someone that can slip into that #1 role. Sale is all but done being that and who knows if Eovaldi will accept that qualifying offer. Right now the rotation is pretty young. They need another experienced arm.

While I wish they would have tried harder with X, 11 years? There is no way they could strap The club with that. The dudes 30. I was thinking 5 years, 27/28 a year. Anything over 5 years is ridiculous for him imo unless he is giving a discount closer to 20 A year.

The Red Sox badly need someone that can slip into that #1 role. Sale is all but done being that and who knows if Eovaldi will accept that qualifying offer. Right now the rotation is pretty young. They need another experienced arm.

I'm glad they're not doing those terms either. 6/$160M would have been fine, but they should have been offering that a year ago. The fact that they waited until the last second to offer even that makes me doubt their efforts in retaining him.

And I’ve asked you to please stop.

For the love of all that is holy! please! Stop! :gaah:
What The Wtf GIF by MOODMAN

...and if these had been Giants fans? Huh? Wut then?

Padres got yet another shortstop....probably going to convert him to pitcher