Post a pic of your boat!

You really are a sissy. Why couldn't it have been my boat? I had one just like it retard. You have no idea what I have or could have, Moron. I could buy everything you probably own today, pay off all your bills and it would not affect my bottom line. Whether you believe that or not doesn't matter. I know it. That's what matters.
Dont forget me in your will

My wife drives me nuts with the pontoon thing. We even rented one to show her how miserable it would be on the intercoastal but every time she sees one "we should trade ours in".
I would LOVE a pontoon boat. My biggest problem with them is that they're impossible to move around, they're not exactly things you can easily take places. Most people have one lake they sit them on. But they're super fun, especially the supped up ones that have grills, fire pits and bars on them.

I would LOVE a pontoon boat. My biggest problem with them is that they're impossible to move around, they're not exactly things you can easily take places. Most people have one lake they sit them on. But they're super fun, especially the supped up ones that have grills, fire pits and bars on them.
Perfect for lakes but not suitable for salt water.

They do tend to be party barges that stay docked in one location, but they aren't any more difficult to move around than any other large boat.

They do tend to be party barges that stay docked in one location, but they aren't any more difficult to move around than any other large boat.
Most people don't have 25' boats in general, and those who do, often have them docked somewhere. I know a few people with them and they all just have them on a single lake and I don't know about you, but it's pretty rare to see someone trailering a pontoon boat somewhere. But man are they fun. They're great for fishing too, like a floating dock.

Most people don't have 25' boats in general, and those who do, often have them docked somewhere. I know a few people with them and they all just have them on a single lake and I don't know about you, but it's pretty rare to see someone trailering a pontoon boat somewhere. But man are they fun. They're great for fishing too, like a floating dock.
The lakes regions in NH see a ton of vacationers that bring all kinds of boats for a week or two. I see large boats getting towed up and down 93/293 regularly in the warmer months.

Just inflated mine to get ready for the season, I remembered last year one of the pontoons was losing some air. Found the pin hole this morning, waiting on the patch materials to get here. Otherwise, she's cleaned and ready to head out pond hopping:

SDZMbMU.jpg

I took the giant outriggers off for a family weekend. Here she is parked at South Seas Resort yesterday before we headed home. I'm only 4 months into a year long project to bring her back to outstanding - haven't even polished the paint. I gotta find some Guatemalans with a polisher. Still, they wanted her parked up front. You can't beat a classic.

1623695012507.png

I'm thinking of doing a minor upgrade. Kids are getting older and my inflatable is good for me alone but prone to getting punctured by kids and hooks. I can get a bigger boat but I don't have anywhere to store a bigger boat and I don't particularly want to take up a garage space or rent a space at a storage unit. I've been shopping around, and canoes are one option but then I came accross these:

American-12-OLIVE.jpg

12' plastic jon boats. Can take up to a 6hp motor. Holds 450 pounds. Only weights 110 pounds. Costs only $750. Seems like it would be a great little boat that wouldn't take up much space at home but could easily be loaded onto a vehicle.

I'm thinking that I could use most of the gear I already have for my inflatable and permanently attach it to the plastic jon boat, or keep it modular so I can remove it for transport. I should be able to strap that to the roof rack with relative ease and would be able to store this in my back yard just flipped over. If I wanted to, I could get a simple trailer to haul it loaded. Seems to be able to comfortably fish two people with ease:
maxresdefault.jpg

IDK. I'm intrigued.

I'm thinking of doing a minor upgrade. Kids are getting older and my inflatable is good for me alone but prone to getting punctured by kids and hooks. I can get a bigger boat but I don't have anywhere to store a bigger boat and I don't particularly want to take up a garage space or rent a space at a storage unit. I've been shopping around, and canoes are one option but then I came accross these:

American-12-OLIVE.jpg

12' plastic jon boats. Can take up to a 6hp motor. Holds 450 pounds. Only weights 110 pounds. Costs only $750. Seems like it would be a great little boat that wouldn't take up much space at home but could easily be loaded onto a vehicle.

I'm thinking that I could use most of the gear I already have for my inflatable and permanently attach it to the plastic jon boat, or keep it modular so I can remove it for transport. I should be able to strap that to the roof rack with relative ease and would be able to store this in my back yard just flipped over. If I wanted to, I could get a simple trailer to haul it loaded. Seems to be able to comfortably fish two people with ease:
maxresdefault.jpg

IDK. I'm intrigued.
You could try a Water Tender 9.4

1643729189667.png

That what I use for a dinghy...about the same price.

You could try a Water Tender 9.4

View attachment 59239

That what I use for a dinghy...about the same price.
I've thought about something similar (that's actually what I started looking at that lead me to the Sundolphin). The limitation is the HP on the motor. You can only do a 2/3HP outboard on most of the dinghies in that range. You can do twice that on the Sundolphin; which is intriguing in that size of boat. It also allows to mount the trolling motor on the bow, so I could have a small outboard for the transom. A 6hp on that little boat could probably do 10-15 mph, if you're limited to a 2 hp, you're probably only going to get like 5mph. To the larger motor capacity opens up some slightly bigger lakes/ponds.

I've thought about something similar (that's actually what I started looking at that lead me to the Sundolphin). The limitation is the HP on the motor. You can only do a 2/3HP outboard on most of the dinghies in that range. You can do twice that on the Sundolphin; which is intriguing in that size of boat. It also allows to mount the trolling motor on the bow, so I could have a small outboard for the transom. A 6hp on that little boat could probably do 10-15 mph, if you're limited to a 2 hp, you're probably only going to get like 5mph. To the larger motor capacity opens up some slightly bigger lakes/ponds.
I have a Mercury 2.5hp on that one and it goes pretty good...like 20 but only 10mph with the little wife and 2 kids. A 6hp will probably go warp speed and separate the two sections of the boat.
1643741091014.png

You should spend a little and get an "Ocean Cruising Tender." All carbon fiber and feather light. Only $10k with no motor!

1643741755194.png

Last edited:
I guess this is a boat? Got this fishing kayak basically for free over the weekend. Seems to be in great shape. Person didn’t want it anymore and had some screws/parts loose. Spent some time reattaching and tightening things and all is great. Feels really comfortable sitting in it. Haven’t taken it out on water yet.

IMG_8569.jpeg

adding it to my collection of pond hoppers. Hoping to take it on the river soon.