Prime Time Earning His Money

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00

The University of Colorado received a staggering 68,000 applications from prospective students for the fall of 2024, according to the Daily Camera. That's a 20% increase from last year. Most interestingly, applications from black students are up more than 50%. However, the school is a bit hesitant to give Primetime all the credit.

A 20% increase in applications with a 50% increase in minority applications is a huge deal and Universities would spend millions to get those kind of results so regardless of what Pime does on the field Colorado is getting a return right now. He might not get W's but he gets a 10 on exposure for the University.

The University of Colorado received a staggering 68,000 applications from prospective students for the fall of 2024, according to the Daily Camera. That's a 20% increase from last year. Most interestingly, applications from black students are up more than 50%. However, the school is a bit hesitant to give Primetime all the credit.

A 20% increase in applications with a 50% increase in minority applications is a huge deal and Universities would spend millions to get those kind of results so regardless of what Pime does on the field Colorado is getting a return right now. He might not get W's but he gets a 10 on exposure for the University.
Saban basically changed the entire makeup of the student body at Alabama. And that probably changed the student body at Auburn ... i recall reading an article that Auburn was the favored destination of students from the state of Alabama, while Bama has 65% OOS students.

not sure i understand why this is noteworthy. it's a state school. i imagine they reject a lot of people every year. so that number is going to increase.

Anyone who chooses a university based on the skin color of the head football coach is too fucking stupid for me to deal with.
The second you came with that dumb assertion, I did get it.

Anyone who chooses a university based on the skin color of the head football coach is too fucking stupid for me to deal with.
200w.gif

Saban basically changed the entire makeup of the student body at Alabama. And that probably changed the student body at Auburn ... i recall reading an article that Auburn was the favored destination of students from the state of Alabama, while Bama has 65% OOS students.
Auburn didn’t need Bama as we’ve capped undergrad to around 25K and never struggled to fill enrollments. It’s not easy to get into Auburn and Alabama is trying to grow and are currently at 40k so a lot of kids are going there because of either scholarships which they give to away like candy or they just can’t get into Auburn.

Auburn used to get a ton of Georgia kids after the Hope Scholarship made getting in Georgia or GT very hard to get in but they’ve raised out of state tuition and enrollment standards so much they are more likely to go to Bama or South Carolina now.

Auburn didn’t need Bama as we’ve capped undergrad to around 25K and never struggled to fill enrollments. It’s not easy to get into Auburn and Alabama is trying to grow and are currently at 40k so a lot of kids are going there because of either scholarships which they give to away like candy or they just can’t get into Auburn.

Auburn used to get a ton of Georgia kids after the Hope Scholarship made getting in Georgia or GT very hard to get in but they’ve raised out of state tuition and enrollment standards so much they are more likely to go to Bama or South Carolina now.
I didn't say you needed Bama. What I said was that because of Saban Bama went after OOS students. I've read several articles that this pushed more of the better state of Alabama students to Auburn who otherwise might have gone to Alabama. That's a good thing for Auburn and there is no reason to be against it.

Look, if you want to go to a large southern state school, with a great Greek system, great athletics, especially football, that gives out enough money to make it the equivalent of your in-state school, Alabama is your best choice. No other school has all that. I know this personally, as my oldest wanted exactly that. He got into UNC (our in-state school) and UGA, but chose Bama for the reasons above. Once I got over him not going to Vandy or UGA, I loved his choice. All of his friends were from around the country, the same as it was for me at Vandy. Most of them also had the grades and scores to get into UGA/UNC level schools or better, but wanted the same thing. We paid less than we would have paid for him to go to UNC, and less than half of what UGA would have cost. He got a great education, and had a blast. What's not to like about that, and to the original point that's all because of Satan.

lol it's not because he's black.. he's prime and brought excitement back to that program

lol it's not because he's black.. he's prime and brought excitement back to that program
They are going there because Prime has made it seem cool but a lot of that is due to the celebrities and rapper type people he has attracted that have become interested. That doesn’t happen to the extent it has if he wasn’t black. That being said black is definitely a component but the perceived “cool factor” is the draw.

I’m sure Colorado is happy with their choice because no way was it easy to attract quality black applicants to a Colorado predominantly white student body with a deep white culture. Plus the snow.

They are going there because Prime has made it seem cool but a lot of that is due to the celebrities and rapper type people he has attracted that have become interested. That doesn’t happen to the extent it has if he wasn’t black. That being said black is definitely a component but the perceived “cool factor” is the draw.

I’m sure Colorado is happy with their choice because no way was it easy to attract quality black applicants to a Colorado predominantly white student body with a deep white culture. Plus the snow.
Have to admit he has elevated interest in CU for sure. But it has to be mostly for the reasons the drunk bird highlighted. Has to be the celebrity angle because the quality of football wasn’t it. While better than the year before, it still wasn’t very good.