science is bullshit right?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 500.00
A guy selling pillows told me so. He seemed nice.

Wish I could watch that but I'd end up hurting someone if I had to watch that CNN homosexual.
I hear ya, watching gay guys kinda turns me on too

A guy selling pillows told me so. He seemed nice.

I've never heard you say anything scientifically impressive, ever. In fact, I'd suggest you don't know anything of science...or anything else. You're just a big ol' dummy.

I've never heard you say anything scientifically impressive, ever. In fact, I'd suggest you don't know anything of science...or anything else. You're just a big ol' dummy.
scientifically speaking, you're wrong.

We get to choose which part of science is bullshit, right? Like pro-choicers do?

How many chromosomes does a woman have?

How many chromosomes does a woman have?
Never can tell about that stuff. Lately seems like some women pretend they have a Y chromosome.

They are mistaken.

Never can tell about that stuff. Lately seems like some women pretend they have a Y chromosome.

They are mistaken.
Except the lucky girls who just got the hot beef injection.

Didn't you go to GT? Figured you're an engineer or something.
There are a handful of scientifically interesting people in our circle. Like most in their field, they're eerily clueless about everything else...but worth acquaintance for the occasional cool trivia.

RangerDude was a test for the Global Cooling thread - until those changing historical temps got cold busted.
Dark..something. Actually, I think he was the climate scientist. Fuck, I can't even remember already!
@Rock Strongo with the space crap from his job.

Except the lucky girls who just got the hot beef injection.

Didn't you go to GT? Figured you're an engineer or something.
There are a handful of scientifically interesting people in our circle. Like most in their field, they're eerily clueless about everything else...but worth acquaintance for the occasional cool trivia.

RangerDude was a test for the Global Cooling thread - until those changing historical temps got cold busted.
Dark..something. Actually, I think he was the climate scientist. Fuck, I can't even remember already!
@Rock Strongo with the space crap from his job.
I have you ecological science right here. Mostly from a conservationist(not preservationist) view

I have you ecological science right here. Mostly from a conservationist(not preservationist) view

What's the difference between a conservationist and a naturalist?

Basically, a naturalist is a cataloger as opposed to a conservationist is more into systems.
Yeah, see from my WI upbringing and then in FL, I eventually realized "conservationists" tend to fuck-up and destroy most things they've tried to conserve. So, I kinda' evolved into a "naturalist" who just tells the sumbitches to leave it alone.

I'd 'splain it better, but you already know what I mean.

Yeah, see from my WI upbringing and then in FL, I eventually realized "conservationists" tend to fuck-up and destroy most things they've tried to conserve. So, I kinda' evolved into a "naturalist" who just tells the sumbitches to leave it alone.

I'd 'splain it better, but you already know what I mean.
Certainly was an issue with state conservation departments until recently. Their view was so narrow minded that they ignored the ecosystem in favor of focused goals. That is when the Aldo Leopold school of conservation management kicked in.

Certainly was an issue with state conservation departments until recently. Their view was so narrow minded that they ignored the ecosystem in favor of focused goals. That is when the Aldo Leopold school of conservation management kicked in.

And that's the thing - all a group has to do is make one mistake and it's ruined forever. The Glades, Mississippi, Grand Banks, half of WI including ol' BD Lake....all irretrievably destroyed by either gov't or conservation groups. (mostly gov't)

Leave it alone or put it back to the way it was...because it was that way for a reason.

And that's the thing - all a group has to do is make one mistake and it's ruined forever. The Glades, Mississippi, Grand Banks, half of WI including ol' BD Lake....all irretrievably destroyed by either gov't or conservation groups. (mostly gov't)

Leave it alone or put it back to the way it was...because it was that way for a reason.

Exactly. The study of what made it the way it was is conservationism. The entire biota must be taken into account.

@JuiceTheGator you haven't read it yet, A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold is a great book on the philosophy behind modern conservation management, especially the essays in the second half of the book.