Soto traded to the Yankees

gobigred

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 2,826,000.00
Aaron Judge is their everyday* CF? Yeah, he's not gonna play 120 games this season.

Aaron Judge is their everyday* CF? Yeah, he's not gonna play 120 games this season.
Judge has played more DH than CF in his career.

Usually he’s been in right.

Soto's playing right. Verdugo could maybe play some center, but it looks like Judge is going to CF.
300 pound 32 year olds seem more like DH material than centerfield material, to me.

If he plays more than half the season in CF I’ll be very surprised. Could happen. Not sayin it couldn’t.

But as much as Grisham is total garbage at the dish, he’s a real good center fielder. And they traded for him. It’s not like he’s taking starts away at DH.

So now the Yankees have a two man lineup that will still miss the playoffs and finish well behind teams with a fraction of their payroll, but Cashman won’t be fired?

300 pound 32 year olds seem more like DH material than centerfield material, to me.

If he plays more than half the season in CF I’ll be very surprised. Could happen. Not sayin it couldn’t.

But as much as Grisham is total garbage at the dish, he’s a real good center fielder. And they traded for him. It’s not like he’s taking starts away at DH.
Stanton's the DH. Verdugo, Judge, and Soto are the OFs. I assume Grisham is there to be the late inning CF and fill in as the CF when someone else gets hurt.

Stanton's the DH. Verdugo, Judge, and Soto are the OFs. I assume Grisham is there to be the late inning CF and fill in as the CF when someone else gets hurt.

Verdugo was a good defender in right this year, but he's not a viable CF. His bat is relatively weak for a corner OF.

Yankees should just DH Judge/Soto occasionally (Judge has a lot more defensive value though) and make Stanton earn regular playing time. He's coming off a season hitting .191/.275/.420 (89 wRC+). He was better in 2022 (116 wRC+), but it still came with a sub-.300 OBP.

Verdugo was a good defender in right this year, but he's not a viable CF. His bat is relatively weak for a corner OF.

Yankees should just DH Judge/Soto occasionally (Judge has a lot more defensive value though) and make Stanton earn regular playing time. He's coming off a season hitting .191/.275/.420 (89 wRC+). He was better in 2022 (116 wRC+), but it still came with a sub-.300 OBP.
If Grisham's the CF, you're sitting one of Verdugo or Stanton. The Yankees aren't paying Stanton $118M (lulz) over the next 4 seasons for him to be a platoon OF.

They're forced into this situation as long as they have 4 corner OFs/DH guys on their roster. They'll probably play Grisham more and use the DH to spell the other three corner guys when Stanton gets hurt.

If Grisham's the CF, you're sitting one of Verdugo or Stanton. The Yankees aren't paying Stanton $118M (lulz) over the next 4 seasons for him to be a platoon OF.

They're forced into this situation as long as they have 4 corner OFs/DH guys on their roster. They'll probably play Grisham more and use the DH to spell the other three corner guys when Stanton gets hurt.
Or, they're not done trading.

You either have to work out some platoons or release Stanton IMO. Yeah they could trade Verdugo and get something, but he's a better and more flexible player than Stanton at this point. Stanton can only really DH, and he's not a particularly good hitter anymore. I'd say bite the bullet and release him.

I have Soto and Judge on my keeper league...not sure how I feel about them being on the same team now.

When he's not injured. I'm surprised they haven't got rid of that brittle bitch.

$118M (lulz) reasons why they haven't.
True. But they could easily make that up if they got someone consistent and made a long playoff run. But hey, any NY failure is good.

who the fuck needs Soto when you could have Tyler O'Neill

Attachments

• 88qxaf.jpg
    88qxaf.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 3