TV Series Squid Game

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 9,384.00
Anyone watching this?

South Korean Hunger Games. Really intense

Finished it last night. A must watch. It's addictive AF.

Just finished the episode with the marbles.

Holy geeze this shit is brutal as fuck.

Finished it the other day, last episode was slow but damn the twist was surprising.

Shut up, shut up!!!!! I am in episode 2.

Episode 1 was excellent, hoping for more of the same.

Total garbage
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Finished it the other day, last episode was slow but damn the twist was surprising.
trying to think about what twist you're talking about. if what you're thinking was a twist, i think it became pretty obvious at one point. Overall I liked it with the contrast of violence set to the sunny background of children's games. the one main thing that bothered me after the first episode is why would anyone come back?

i know the premise was they were getting people who were in dire straights (from the people they focused on that varied wildly), but they flat out told them the bank is based on $100M won per person. Which might sound like a lot if you're unfamiliar with world currency, but it's only like $85K USD. You played a game where half the people got wiped out and you're going to come back where the value of your life is $85K and the chances of you seeing that appear to be 1 in 456 based off the first game? fuck that noise.

Shut up, shut up!!!!! I am in episode 2.

Episode 1 was excellent, hoping for more of the same.
not that there have been any spoilers here yet, but i find it best to not even click on a thread for a show unless you're caught up just in case.

Just started it up last night. I kept seeing people talk about it and thought it was a movie for some reason.

Ep1 delivered. Looking forward to the rest.

My kids fucking love it. My youngest is going as some kind of Squid Game thing for Halloween.

So many loose ends left in the finale. Cant wait for Season 2.

trying to think about what twist you're talking about. if what you're thinking was a twist, i think it became pretty obvious at one point. Overall I liked it with the contrast of violence set to the sunny background of children's games. the one main thing that bothered me after the first episode is why would anyone come back?

i know the premise was they were getting people who were in dire straights (from the people they focused on that varied wildly), but they flat out told them the bank is based on $100M won per person. Which might sound like a lot if you're unfamiliar with world currency, but it's only like $85K USD. You played a game where half the people got wiped out and you're going to come back where the value of your life is $85K and the chances of you seeing that appear to be 1 in 456 based off the first game? fuck that noise.
yeah more than one clue to the twist. I wasn't exactly sure how it would play out, but I knew there was something up

anytime a death isn't shown in a show that shows death constantly is big red flag

They said the total overall prize was 46.5 Billion won, which is about $39 million dollars, that's why people came back.

Just pounded this out yesterday and last night. It’s everything that’s said….intense both with emotion and violence. Very well done.

It got me thinking…..Gi-hun is the main character they seem to focus on, and rightly so as it plays out. He is a white hat…..as much as one can be in this. He shows positive human characteristics as much as these circumstances allow for. He takes his knocks too. Like with the old man and the marbles.

This scene was masterful as I wondered the whole time is he abandoning his ethics and taking advantage of a senile old man to survive, or is the old mans senility an act and he knows he is purposefully giving himself up so the younger man can live?

And then it brought a deeper question….in reality these days can a white hat even prevail anymore?

I like a show that can prompt thought like this.

Just finished this last evening. An emotionally powerful series. I loved it and hated it.

Seemed like it was written by Junior High kids.

But I watched the whole thing. So I would have something talk about with my 14 year old niece at Christmas.

Just pounded this out yesterday and last night. It’s everything that’s said….intense both with emotion and violence. Very well done.

It got me thinking…..Gi-hun is the main character they seem to focus on, and rightly so as it plays out. He is a white hat…..as much as one can be in this. He shows positive human characteristics as much as these circumstances allow for. He takes his knocks too. Like with the old man and the marbles.

This scene was masterful as I wondered the whole time is he abandoning his ethics and taking advantage of a senile old man to survive, or is the old mans senility an act and he knows he is purposefully giving himself up so the younger man can live?

And then it brought a deeper question….in reality these days can a white hat even prevail anymore?

I like a show that can prompt thought like this.
Depends on what you consider a “white hat”.

Gi-Hun didn’t want to see the kindly old man die. But the alternative was that he himself would have to die. Is having self preservation now equal to the lack of being a “white hat”? The old man agreed to play the game. And he was playing to win himself (when he wasn’t being “senile”).

I never felt guilty about taking money from people at the poker table. They knew what the game was when they sat down. That didn’t make me a bad person. It made me someone who was playing a game.